Military Camp

Anyone see the problem with America's youth?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • justashooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    You know how you see a group of teenagers acting out, pants sagging, genrally being useless and you worry about the future. Some years ago I was like that. Then I went to an Army Navy Football game and saw a couple of thousand cadets and midshipmen. I worry less after that. There are still very squared away kids and it come down to parenting.
    Target Sports

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Heck, every parent/teacher/principal in my hometown would be behind bars today.
    Well, sometimes things get out of hand. I remember Mrs. Hoogie who taught 4th grade. She took a kid out in the hall to paddle him. He had been pushing her buttons all morning and he deserved a paddling.

However, she waited too long. By the time she made the decision to do it, her emotions took over. She went absolutely ape-shit. There was a lot of completely incoherent, high-pitched screaming. Her paddle was made of 3/8" plywood and it came apart. Pieces of it went flying all over the place, including over the wall and back into the classroom. She wound up embedding splinters in his ass and legs. And she continued hitting him for so long that other teachers came out into the hall. One of the male teachers had to restrain her. One of the female teachers fetched the principal. That same female teacher came back into our classroom to retrieve Mrs. Hoogie's purse and tell us that she would not be returning that day.

The principal babysat us until a substitute could make it to our class to finish out the day.

Overall, I didn't feel bad for the guy. He was the leader of the pack that gave me meth pills a couple of years prior and told me they were candy. That incident didn't end well. He had also been suspended for beating the shit out of me the year before. So overall I didn't mind him getting hurt.

But it sure was weird to see a teacher completely lose her mind like that.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    One thing I have noticed over the years, is a shift in how parents interact with their children. What I have observed is that many are trying to be their children's friend, instead of a parent. Too many are putting their children on equal ground as if they were adults.

When parents take such an approach with their children, it undermines their authority as a parent, and makes for them making the hard and difficult decisions that are in their children's best interests. They are allowing their children to make choices about their lives, that they lack the maturity to be making.

Growing up, our father was our father and parent, first, foremost and last. We were never on equal ground with our father, and he was never our friend growing up. He made the hard and difficult decisions that were for what was best for us. I thank him, and love him for being the father he was for us. I wouldn't be who I am today without him being the parent he was.

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014

I will let this speak for itself. Severe lack of parenting and discipline at home.

1, i wonder who they supported during the election
    2 i wonder how many white liberals who supported biden would want these kids living next to them
    3 these "people" will vote one day
    4 "Home confinement" these are career criminals
    5 calling it like i see it is any hate group was looking for a recruitment video they likely could use this. Pathetic.
    6 The NAACP, ACLU, SPLC, Sharpton, Biden ect would actually defend these "people" and they think we need "police reform" I cant say what we need.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Well, sometimes things get out of hand. I remember Mrs. Hoogie who taught 4th grade. She took a kid out in the hall to paddle him. He had been pushing her buttons all morning and he deserved a paddling.

However, she waited too long. By the time she made the decision to do it, her emotions took over. She went absolutely ape-shit. There was a lot of completely incoherent, high-pitched screaming. Her paddle was made of 3/8" plywood and it came apart. Pieces of it went flying all over the place, including over the wall and back into the classroom. She wound up embedding splinters in his ass and legs. And she continued hitting him for so long that other teachers came out into the hall. One of the male teachers had to restrain her. One of the female teachers fetched the principal. That same female teacher came back into our classroom to retrieve Mrs. Hoogie's purse and tell us that she would not be returning that day.

The principal babysat us until a substitute could make it to our class to finish out the day.

Overall, I didn't feel bad for the guy. He was the leader of the pack that gave me meth pills a couple of years prior and told me they were candy. That incident didn't end well. He had also been suspended for beating the shit out of me the year before. So overall I didn't mind him getting hurt.

But it sure was weird to see a teacher completely lose her mind like that.

Exceptions to almost everything.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    1, i wonder who they supported during the election
    2 i wonder how many white liberals who supported biden would want these kids living next to them
    3 these "people" will vote one day
    4 "Home confinement" these are career criminals
    5 calling it like i see it is any hate group was looking for a recruitment video they likely could use this. Pathetic.
    6 The NAACP, ACLU, SPLC, Sharpton, Biden ect would actually defend these "people" and they think we need "police reform" I cant say what we need.

The way you reference them as these "people" pretty much is showing your bigotry. They aren't career criminals yet, since they are still children.

FYI, this problem here with these children, isn't just isolated to one ethnic group, or a certain group in certain economic classes. This is happening everywhere.

This is a lack of proper discipline and attention from their parents causing this problem.

Top Bottom