Venture Surplus ad

Anyone see the problem with America's youth?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I think it's one of two possible problems, either a lack of parents being there, or lack of parenting because they are too busy trying be their friends, instead being parents.
    Chicken or the egg. It’s the parents imo. I grew up being more afraid of my dad than the police. Same thing I’m getting in my boys head. If dad knows I did this...my ass is in trouble. That’s how kids should think.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    See my dad made me do yard work. I’m not talking oh go mow the lawn. It was mow the lawn, then oh what was that dad? You have a truck of dirt coming? Ok...you have a truck of brick coming? Ok I’ll build your new garden...oh, you want me to put a new coat of paint on the house? Ok. Change the oil, water pump, clutch in your truck? All while daddy warden watches as his projects get done.

then growing up if I wanted money well the list of jobs didn’t get shorter. My dad got so much labor out of me.

The cycle of life continues. I got 12 acres ready for when my boy gets out of hand. Ready and waiting.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    See my dad made me do yard work. I’m not talking oh go mow the lawn. It was mow the lawn, then oh what was that dad? You have a truck of dirt coming? Ok...you have a truck of brick coming? Ok I’ll build your new garden...oh, you want me to put a new coat of paint on the house? Ok. Change the oil, water pump, clutch in your truck? All while daddy warden watches as his projects get done.

then growing up if I wanted money well the list of jobs didn’t get shorter. My dad got so much labor out of me.

The cycle of life continues. I got 12 acres ready for when my boy gets out of hand. Ready and waiting.

My brother and I in jr. high were telling our father that Lincoln freed the slaves. Dad, said he knew that! Still didn't stop him from working us like rented mules either!

Dad always said, "Hard work never killed anyone."

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    My brother and I in jr. high were telling our father that Lincoln freed the slaves. Dad, said he knew that! Still didn't stop him from working us like rented mules either!

Dad always said, "Hard work never killed anyone."
    Baby ain't that the truth for us it was more like Hebrew slaves

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Baby ain't that the truth for us it was more like Hebrew slaves

A few years ago, we were rebuilding the fences here at the farm and we had to dig some new post holes for corner posts and stretch posts. Dad goes out and hooks up a three point post hole auger to the tractor. Brother and I just looked at each other in shock. We asked Dad when he got that. He said the year after my brother graduated high school and left home. We told him that sure would have been handy when we built all the fences years ago. Dad said he didn't need it then he had us and manual post hole diggers!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom