Guns International

Anyone remember the gun store that would tell you to take your hands out of your pockets?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Have you ever found an LED conversion for those that worked? I have several old Maglites that I'd like to continue using but the incandescent bulbs are too dim and the LED replacements have all burned out in short order.
    No, I switched to purpose built leds that use C cells.

Mag lights really screwed up not staying up with tech.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Have you ever found an LED conversion for those that worked? I have several old Maglites that I'd like to continue using but the incandescent bulbs are too dim and the LED replacements have all burned out in short order.
    I converted a couple of 3 D cell maglites years ago (circa 2006) using the Teralux Ministar. But at only 140lm, they are not exactly flame throwers. Definitely an improvement over the incandescent bulbs. The power draw is much lower than incandescent, so battery life is extended a good bit. That's the main advantage. Amazon product ASIN B001I9TI4Q
    I have pretty much relegated them to the top shelf of the closet tho, where they stay for a possible emergency. There are so many smaller, lighter, brighter LED lights available now that the Maglites seem rather clunky. They still make decent clubs though.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    i stil have several of my old mag lights that i'd like to convert to led as well they still work well with new batteries in them!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I converted a couple of 3 D cell maglites years ago (circa 2006) using the Teralux Ministar. But at only 140lm, they are not exactly flame throwers. Definitely an improvement over the incandescent bulbs. The power draw is much lower than incandescent, so battery life is extended a good bit. That's the main advantage. Amazon product ASIN B001I9TI4Q
    I have pretty much relegated them to the top shelf of the closet tho, where they stay for a possible emergency. There are so many smaller, lighter, brighter LED lights available now that the Maglites seem rather clunky. They still make decent clubs though.
    That's exactly what I got for mine. They all failed after moderate use for a month or so.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I have a few 6 D cell maglites, this is what i have in them.

I keep one in my car, but it's more of an impact weapon first, flashlight second.

Prisondoc210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Converse
    More
    View attachment 373144
    View attachment 373145
    View attachment 373146
    View attachment 373147

Sometimes it's just a matter of the proper ammount and type of persuasive tool requierd. As @Hoji said.
    The MK-46H, affectionately known as the "Super Soaker".
    461f56710d2216c932f67430e4be836e.jpg

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

captainkirkw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2023
    Austin Tx
    Back then, there was a gun shop called Ed's Guns at 11657 Research Blvd. and Duval
    He was cranky, disagreeable and unhelpful. But I don't remember any signs.
    He closed in the mid 90's and the place became an adult book store.

I remember that place but it was so long ago I don't really remember my interactions with the employees. What I do remember is the gun I bought there, an Intratec TEC-22, and this was right before the 1994 AWB . I had even forgotten that I had that one and found it just a couple of years ago, still in the original box and never fired. Guess that is one I will have to put up for sale as I have no interest in it.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I remember that place but it was so long ago I don't really remember my interactions with the employees. What I do remember is the gun I bought there, an Intratec TEC-22, and this was right before the 1994 AWB . I had even forgotten that I had that one and found it just a couple of years ago, still in the original box and never fired. Guess that is one I will have to put up for sale as I have no interest in it.
    Neat concept ( the tec 22) I have never seen one that was not crap straight out of the box, albeit it is only a few I have seen in the wild.

Most of the online reviews confirm what I have seen personally.

captainkirkw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2023
    Austin Tx
    Neat concept ( the tec 22) I have never seen one that was not crap straight out of the box, albeit it is only a few I have seen in the wild.

Most of the online reviews confirm what I have seen personally.
    Yeah, I didn't do any research when I bought that one, just snatched it up before it got blacklisted. I was in my 20's so... :)

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    But they didn't say don't carry, just keep your hands out of your pockets.
    I guess I would not be able to pay for any purchases....as my wallet is where? Yep, you guessed it, in one of my pockets!!! LOL Guess they didn't think that one through... LOL

Top Bottom