• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ghostie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Austin
    Just trying to get a feeler at this point, not sure yet...I bought it a few weeks ago and have only fired less than 50 rounds through it.

When I went to the range, I found myself repeatedly shooting my XD9 instead of the Rifle I bought to save money on ammo (lol). Turns out I prefer shooting a handgun, and I feel like I would be better served in the long run by honing those skills

Anyone else ever have this experience? or should I go shoot it a few more times?

9x19

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Try shooting at 50 yards or more, then you'll discover the rifle's real reason for being.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Thanks, how far does one have to go before a scope is required?

Depends on how good your eyes are. Even with my shitty eyesight, I enjoy shooting .22 rifles from 25 yards out to 100+ with just about anything....iron sights, magnified optics, red dots, whatever. I think you need to have your head examined. j/k

mikeofcontex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Midlothian, TX
    You should be able to bust clay pidgeons with the 22 at 100 yards with iron sights... if it's sighted in OR you know it's point of impact. Mount a scope and have fun doping the wind and doing the same thing at 200 yards.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    You should be able to bust clay pidgeons with the 22 at 100 yards with iron sights... if it's sighted in OR you know it's point of impact. Mount a scope and have fun doping the wind and doing the same thing at 200 yards.
    Agreed other Mike also from Conroe

Ghostie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Austin
    I could barely even see the target past 50 yards....I guess I should try shooting at an outdoor range instead. My eyes don't do too well in low light (astigmatism)

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    The Ruger 22 Mk 2 that I have is one of the best pistols I have ever owned. It can easily make 50 feet hits on torso metal targets.

Top Bottom