APOD Firearms

Anyone know what happened to texaschlforum.com?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Just went and looked at the NRA section. Must be some extremely heavy “moderation” going on in that forum.
    If you read the posts, you would think Wayne walks on water. Not a single critical comment on their fuckery at all in the threads I browsed.

I questioned the validity of the concerns over WLP......I was banned immediately.
    Hurley's Gold

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    4E4760E4-0445-4933-9CB7-36F6F69048AD.jpeg
    What questioning the NRA gets you over there. This is about as polite as one can be. There was no bashing, no profanity, just someone starting a dialog.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    View attachment 240925 What questioning the NRA gets you over there. This is about as polite as one can be. There was no bashing, no profanity, just someone starting a dialog.
    Hang on; I'm not clear on what you're saying.

Is the post you showed us something that got the poster banned, warned, or otherwise moderated? I see the poster is banned but is this the post that caused it?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Hang on; I'm not clear on what you're saying.

Is the post you showed us something that got the poster banned, warned, or otherwise moderated? I see the poster is banned but is this the post that caused it?
    Looks like the last thing they posted. Skimming through the NRA forum over there you find a lot of this.
    My ban was for pointing out that the NRA supported the 1968 GCA. I should add, I did it in a manner very similar to the post I took the screenshot of.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Looks like the last thing they posted. Skimming through the NRA forum over there you find a lot of this.
    My ban was for pointing out that the NRA supported the 1968 GCA. I should add, I did it in a manner very similar to the post I took the screenshot of.
    My post was deleted. I just pointed out that there are two sides of every story and we shouldn’t just summarily dismiss objections that had been raised.

Last edited:

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Now that they are up they are warning about the evil members from this site rejoining their site and how pure they are. I think Twitter has more purity.

"Admins be aware of new members" posted on their site

Of course the people who are banned can't openly complain because they can't get on the site. They just fade into non-existence. Who cares.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Now that they are up they are warning about the evil members from this site rejoining their site and how pure they are. I think Twitter has more purity.

"Admins be aware of new members" posted on their site

Of course the people who are banned can't openly complain because they can't get on the site. They just fade into non-existence. Who cares.

Seems like a few of their banned members have joined here recently.

Over-moderation will kill a forum.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Over-moderation == echo chamber. I want none of that, I'd rather learn when I'm wrong, and see a bigger picture.

Exactly. I saw it happen to more than a couple of forums in the past. They would start a forum where they had a voice, but would moderate what they didn't want to hear.

Years ago, I joined a gun forum and was one it's first members in the beginning. The forum was a splinter off from another forum because of new ownership and they started changing. Well on the new forum, I lasted several years, and was a prolific post whore, (not surprise there!) and started lots of threads. Lots of similar threads I have started here and lots of gun related threads.

Well I got banned because I locked horns with the owner/administrator of that forum over a difference of opinion on something, and he and I had been online buddies for some years up until that point. So out of spite, he not only banned me, but deleted over 16K posts! A little over a year later, the forum had dwindled to the point of a few posts a week, and then finally went by the wayside.

treadlightly

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2018
    Mexia, Texas
    Could be nobody is replying. The site is down, again.

A shame. Whatever might be said of the site's proprietor or moderators, or about the NRA, there are good pro-freedom folks there. I've always been tolerated with courtesy.

The NRA needs either housecleaning or retirement. Given current threats to freedom, I'd vote for housecleaning.

In the meantime, I will support the 2nd as best I can and donate elsewhere.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas

A shame. Whatever might be said of the site's proprietor or moderators, or about the NRA, there are good pro-freedom folks there. I've always been tolerated with courtesy.

The NRA needs either housecleaning or retirement. Given current threats to freedom, I'd vote for housecleaning.

There are a lot of good people there, the problem is that a good person all of a sudden disappears from the site without anyone knowing why, turns up elsewhere where you find out that they were banned for some ridiculous reason and those on the site still believe that it is run fairly. Yes I am a banned person, miss some of the smarter than I am people.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

Be sure not to say that over there , lol.

Top Bottom