• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I like Android devices, I've been installing custom roms, rooting tablet's. Wondering who else?
    Hurley's Gold

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Memories... Messed around in that world a bit a few times, started by building Android from source for my T-mobile G1 back in the day. Don't mess with Android any more though.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I helped develop cyanogen mod for lower end phones, mostly prepaid phones and then moved on to lineage os when that was born. I started into custom roms with the Huawei Ascend M860, that should give a clue on how long I've been doing it ;)
    Downloaded lineage to install on my Samsung Tab A, I need to find a suitable GAPPS.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Back maybe 12 or so years ago, I used to mess around with Cyanogen mod. I think on a Galaxy S3 or S4. Been a long time
    Haven't done it in a while.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I still have Cyanogen Mod on three Galaxy S-1's that I used to use for gaming. Those sole purpose now is to run RadioActivity Counter for in event of an emergency, but they do still run.

The last custom rom I used was on my last AT&T locked Samsung Galaxy S-4 Note.

My current phone is a 4 yo unlocked Galaxy S-9+ bought directly from Samsung, which stock android system and updates I've been very happy with.

It seems I can always find an app to do what I want without being rooted now.

It's about time for a new phone...

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I have a Raspberry Pi with a an SD card full of old Nintendo ROMs. You talking about something like that but on Android?

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I like Android devices, I've been installing custom roms, rooting tablet's. Wondering who else?
    I preordered the Dream and rooted and Rommed all of my Android phones and other devices. Since the Note 8 kept it unrooted to use Samsung Pay and all my Notes since. Joined XDA- Devolopers back in 2005

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I preordered the Dream and rooted and Rommed all of my Android phones and other devices. Since the Note 8 kept it unrooted to use Samsung Pay and all my Notes since. Joined XDA- Devolopers back in 2005
    I'm in XDA-Developers also. I have an Asus ZenPad 3S 10, really nice tablet but out of warranty and no new ROMs. I managed to unlock the bootloader and added TWRP. But no one is developing any ROMs. Right now I've installed a custom ROM on my Samsung Galaxy tab 6 with twrp. I have a Lenovo that's still under warranty so I'm not messing with that yet.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom