• majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I am picking this up on Monday…

YugoPartsKits.jpg

It is a Yugo AK-47 "parts kit" with everything except for the trigger and sear/disconnector.

Obviously, the receiver was cut in half. That is because one of the rails inside the receiver was broken, and the seller wanted to sell it as parts instead of a functioning rifle.

The good news is that the barrel is already pressed into the front trunion, and is threaded for a muzzle brake/flash suppressor.

A bud recommended a replacement receiver from Nodakspud (the NDS-5 is for fixed stock Yugo), and reminded me that I need six 922r compliant parts. The NDS-5 would be one, a TAPCO G2 trigger three, a gas piston one more, and a handguard would add up to six. However, another bud believes that is already a US-made pistol grip on there, so that's one less item needed which is great because I hope to keep the Yugo furniture on it one? I am leaning to doing a screw build, which would be easier than rivets; but I still may need help.

Cheers! M2
    Texas SOT

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    If I get around to it, I will...right now I have a different option I might pursue; but if I go the rebuild route it will most definitely be a long-term project...

Cheers! M2

WadeP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    San Marcos, TX
    Cutting a receiver just for a broken rail is a dumb thing to do. Some people just don't have any sense. Or was there something else wrong with it? I'm suspicious...

Anyways...

The good news is that the barrel is already pressed into the front trunion, and is threaded for a muzzle brake/flash suppressor.

The first point is only good news if you're planning a screw build, which you should reconsider. To do a righteous rivet build, you'll need to completely demill and press the barrel out.
    Use the NDS receiver and you'll need five other US parts. I also think that's a US pistol grip. Three more for the Tapco FCG and bolt on a US made flash suppressor and you're golden. Keep the gas piston and handguards stock as the flash hider is the more effective, easiest and cheapest option.

I build AK's in San Marcos. Call if you need anything.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Thanks, I ended up doing a furniture swap with the M70B1 I had that the previous owner had finished it, and am selling the remaining kit and finished furniture to a buddy in Houston who is going to build it. I couldn't tell if there was anything else wrong with the receiver (a DCI) due to the damage done during the cutting; but since I got my Yugo to the state I wanted it for $450 total I am not complaining...

Top Bottom