• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    With the sky high prices of most ammo lately, I've found myself in my reloading room a lot lately. Unfortunately, there are some calibers I just didn't stock up for. One of them was the 357. After some poking around I found some new brass going for 30cents a case. Which didn't seem terrible but still a bit pricey.

Anyhow, it dawned on me, why not just order some direct from starline. I was skeptical since there's very little info about lead times and available stock when I ordered but about a month and a week later I've got 2k cases on the way.

I've been completely satisfied with their brass that I've used for 45 Colt loads, so I didn't hesitate to place an order. In the end it's costing me just a touch over 15 cents per case after shipping. Needless to say, I'm a happy camper.

So for anyone out there on the hunt, I highly recommend a direct order with starline. It will be worth the wait.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    With the sky high prices of most ammo lately, I've found myself in my reloading room a lot lately. Unfortunately, there are some calibers I just didn't stock up for. One of them was the 357. After some poking around I found some new brass going for 30cents a case. Which didn't seem terrible but still a bit pricey.

Anyhow, it dawned on me, why not just order some direct from starline. I was skeptical since there's very little info about lead times and available stock when I ordered but about a month and a week later I've got 2k cases on the way.

I've been completely satisfied with their brass that I've used for 45 Colt loads, so I didn't hesitate to place an order. In the end it's costing me just a touch over 15 cents per case after shipping. Needless to say, I'm a happy camper.

So for anyone out there on the hunt, I highly recommend a direct order with starline. It will be worth the wait.
    Star-Line is good stuff. All my 45-70 T-Rex killer loads are with SL brass.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Star-Line is good stuff.
    QFT.

They're the only people who were willing to make .38-55 cases that were mostly in spec in the last 5 decades or so. That whole situation was a mess but, as a practical matter, Starline stepped up and fixed it. It takes some dedication to quality production and treating their customers right for a business to do something like that.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    minons laughing.gif

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I wish Starline would make a certain .45LC case for me.
    What I need is a .45LC case with a deeper extractor groove and a slightly longer case length.
    They will do it for 100K case order. I don't think I need that many. LOL.
    What has need got to do with it?

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

sparkyv

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Deepinnaheartta, Texas
    I use Starline brass for 10mm mostly. Until recently, you could order it from Starline though it was backordered. Now, it's still backordered, but orders are no longer being accepted. Fortunately, I picked up 500 pcs by getting on the "notify me" list at Midway.

Austinpilot69

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 9, 2020
    Austin, TX
    For anyone curious about trying the back order...I got a call about my 10mm back order (view my previous reply here to see when I ordered) to pay for it and then they told me it will still be 2-3 weeks before it ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Not a bad Wait for reasonably priced gear these days.

Last edited:

Austinpilot69

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 9, 2020
    Austin, TX
    They must of not been in communication with their shipping department - brass got delivered yesterday! Now just waiting on my 450 bushmaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom