• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wandering Scot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Houston
    Anyone have the new Steamlight TLR2 S?
    The S designation allows the flashlight to strobe.
    It's fairly new out so I was wondering if anyone had one and had some feedback on it?

grumble

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Collin County
    Not sure, but I don't think they've yet hit the streets. They were announced at S.H.O.T. I believe. They are coming soon, because prices on the TLR-1 and TLR-2 are dropping like a rock. Picked up a TLR-1 at mesquite 2 weeks ago for $89, and yes, it was the C4 LED version.

A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    I just picked up another C4 TLR-2 last month for $200 bucks. The new Strobe versions for both TLR-1 and TLR-2 are being sold on LA Policegear. I use to have a Blackhawk Xiphos that had the strobe function, but I never used it. If you are going to buy the non-strobe versions make sure the serial numbers start with C4. A lot of people are selling the older LED versions and passing them off as the new C4 ones. The cheapest I have seen the TLR-1 for is about $85 bucks, and the TLR-2 for about $200 bucks. In all I really dont think the strobe version is worth the extra money.

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    To all that say that THEY don't like the strobe feature......if YOU don't like it, just think how the "bag guy" feels as it is pointed their way. It is intended to disorientate for a second or two. Some turn away from it and even faint from it. If you don't believe it, try pointing it at yourself and you may rethink your position.

I don't have the TLR2 S, but I do have a Blackhawk Gladius Night ops and can tell you, that it does provide a tactical advantage. IMO All it takes is a second to get the upper hand.............I like mine !

Wandering Scot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Houston
    Update: I've had mine for about 2 weeks now. The strobe option works very well and when used on a test subject he said it was more blinding than just the beam.
    I'm pleased with the product.

POPO1223

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    TEXAS
    My buddy has the new tlr with strobe and loves is. I still have the tlr-2 i bought used for 100 but workes great..popo

@cuet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    San Antonio
    I have one..for about 6 months. Still use it, works great. Careful on the red dot sight...it can cause ghosting if your setting it up w/in a certain kill zone range. Other then that, strobe is a great feature. Definitely would recommend it if you don't mind the $200 price tag.

streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Found it on Chief Supply for $315. This is $115 more than a simple TLR2 without strobe. At this point, don't think it is worth spending that much to simply get a strobe function. Heck, this means you then need to train on the strobe function...naw, just stick with what I got. How many more "coolio" features can we get on a light- will the next shoot out pepper spray as a warning?? Haha.

Top Bottom