Capitol Armory ad

Anyone got a Cannon Wide Body 64 gun safe from Tractor Supply?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    2 comments...

1. Electronic locks can totally crap out, but I’ve had a few safes for a dozen years and never had it happen to me. I did have a an electronic lock on my Liberty that was began having some issues and Liberty replaced it in two days from my call.

2. The only real way to maximize your safe’s storage IMO is with Rifle Rods. They are excellent!

Gun Zone Deals

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    2 comments...

1. Electronic locks can totally crap out, but I’ve had a few safes for a dozen years and never had it happen to me. I did have a an electronic lock on my Liberty that was began having some issues and Liberty replaced it in two days from my call.

2. The only real way to maximize your safe’s storage IMO is with Rifle Rods. They are excellent!

I really need to try the rifle rods but don’t want to gut my safe to try them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I have had a Cannon from Tractor Supply for 10 years at least. I have the older style mechanical and it has worked fine with one exception. Cannon states, in writing (or did when I bought mine) that they have a lifetime guarantee. It worked fine for a couple of years but one day would not open. I fiddled with it for a couple of hours without success so I called Cannon inquiring about the "Lifetime Guarantee" as it was stated in the instruction manual. I was flat out told that they do not have a lifetime guarantee! We argued but they just lied and lied and refused to do anything. I finally got it open and it's been working for eight or ten more years. But I damn sure wouldn't buy another one.
    Have a locksmith come out and replace the mechanical ASAP. Had the same issue with mine and when locksmith replaced it with a Sargent and Greenleaf he showed me what went wrong with the original ( cheaper version S&G) the plastic lock pins will wear out( as mine did) if you get lucky and get it open it is a pretty cheap permanent fix. If they have to drill it, add a couple of hundred dollars. I got lucky and got mine open.

Top Bottom