• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Really don’t want Matt Damon to have any of my money.
    I hear ya. And I agree. But I would also like to learn more about the life of Shelby (if they did it right, even).

He and Bale were discussing it and one said "we don't make many new movies about real people." True that. Made me decide I might swallow my dislike of Damon, and Hollywood in general, and go see it.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    When I can see it online for free.

Can't remember the last time I went to a movie theater. Maybe 30 years or more?

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Never heard of it. It does not sound like a very interesting movie to me but then again I am not a car type of person. I would rather see Colt vs Beretta. ;)

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Caroll Shelby is a Texas legend. A few months ago, the lady that wrote "Hey Little Cobra" (Carol Conners) was interviewed on Sirius XM. She wrecked her boyfriend's English car and was trying to find a replacement bumper. Someone sent her to see Shelby. He couldn't help, but they got to talking and when she said she was a song writer, he told her if she wrote a song and got it on the radio that would promote his Cobras, he'd give her one. She wrote the song and got it to the radio. Shelby's word was his bond; he gave her a car. Her sister drove it and it ran out of water and wrecked the engine. Shelby replaced the car. That one had too much power and scared her, so Shelby traded her another car. She eventually wrecked it. Great story.

I remember a car magazine saying that Shelby's theory was that if you put a jet engine on a skateboard, it would go really fast.

So, yeah, even though I'm not a Matt Damon fan, I do want to see the movie.

"Spring little Cobra get ready to strike
    Spring little Cobra now with all of your might
    Hey little Cobra don't you know you're gonna shut 'em down..."

Top Bottom