• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    baboon,

I've never BUILT a "slamfire shotgun" but I used to own one. = An OLD/"bought used" Ithaca pump-gun out of an estate sale.
    (IF you held the trigger back, it would fire every time that you pumped in another shell into the chamber.)

yours, satx

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    The video calls that gun as slide fire.
    I guess a zip gun variant.
    Lots of older pump guns can slam fire. I'm sure it was appreciated in the trenches. I don't remember when the manufacturers eliminated that function.
    My little old Winchester Model 42 can do it.
    I've slam fired it on skeet doubles but it adds a lot of wiggle to the second shot.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    The first shotguns that I used as a child would fire if you held the trigger and pumped the action. I was very disappointed when I started buying shotguns as an adult and they didnt have that feature. I seriously thought they all did that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Although more crudely made, there were these type of guns being made in the 50' and 60's....not really a new idea, but interesting and better designed than the ones I have seen.........

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

What I'd like to find is someone who makes or is capable of making a legal CANE-GUN in .410 or 28 gauge & that is a AOW.
    (I once saw/fired a .28 gauge one that belonged to a jewelry salesman who frequently "called on" our family's store, about 15 years ago. = NEAT design & DEADLY when loaded with heavy shot out to 25M+.)

I would also buy a quality-made DB shot-pistol, with 10" tubes, in 20 gauge, like the circa 1920 ITHACA AUTO-BURGLAR GUN, that our county sheriff's department used to own.
    (I offered to buy it in the mid-1980s, after the new sheriff was elected & the sheriff had to admit that the firearm "had been lost or stolen".)

yours, satx

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    To All,

What I'd like to find is someone who makes or is capable of making a legal CANE-GUN in .410 or 28 gauge & that is a AOW.
    (I once saw/fired a .28 gauge one that belonged to a jewelry salesman who frequently "called on" our family's store, about 15 years ago. = NEAT design & DEADLY when loaded with heavy shot out to 25M+.)

I would also buy a quality-made DB shot-pistol, with 10" tubes, in 20 gauge, like the circa 1920 ITHACA AUTO-BURGLAR GUN, that our county sheriff's department used to own.
    (I offered to buy it in the mid-1980s, after the new sheriff was elected & the sheriff had to admit that the firearm "had been lost or stolen".)

yours, satx
    Auto burglars come up for sale from time to time. Seen more over & under getting cut down simple because they are more readily available. As far a a cane gun your going to have to find a type 07 to build it.

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Auto burglars come up for sale from time to time. Seen more over & under getting cut down simple because they are more readily available. As far a a cane gun your going to have to find a type 07 to build it.

baboon,

VERY TRUE on both of your points. = "Jerry W", the diamond salesman, had his made "from scratch" by a gunsmith in St Louis, who shortly thereafter retired & then passed away. - Jerry said that the gunsmith had made several such AOW for other jewelry salesmen/diplomats/VIPs, etc. over the years. - You had to know what you were looking at to tell that it wasn't just a briar-wood walking cane, with brass trim.

Btw, a few years ago, a vendor in FIREARMS NEWS had 5 of the Auto-Burglar Guns for sale from the CA Department of Prisons but they all sold before I could call.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    baboon,

Fwiw, I have the Benelli's "cheaper cousin" (by a Turkish company) but still want a "cutdown DB" that I can easily conceal under a TUFFY jacket.
    (Back in my city marshal days of long ago, I stopped many an ugly brawl at "beer joints out on the county line" by drawing the Auto-Burglar out from under my jacket AND without shedding a single drop of blood. = NOBODY, including some "knife wielding, mean drunks" wanted to experience what a load or 2 of buckshot will do at close range. = a DB shot-pistol from the business end LOOKS like a howitzer & I never had to fire it at a person, ever..)

yours, satx

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Shit like that is what puts a bad name on firearms. IMO just a big POS
    I think it was an example of a fairly good bit of self reliance and showed some small amount of ingenuity. It's a single shot, take apart to reload, gun with some extra features that bring it above just a zip gun kind of a thing. Bottom line is he made a legal (at least I think it is legal) single shot shotgun; yet, you think it is "shit" and gives firearms a bad name. I am curious as to why you would think that.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I built one, prob. Close to 10 years ago.

It wasn't fun to shoot, but it was made with scrap pipes, so what do you expect

Top Bottom