Lynx Defense

Anyone else notice USPS's quality of service has severely declined?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    The postal service is terrible here, whether it be packages or mail. We get our neighbors mail all the time and they get ours. Sometimes things just never show up. I got an envelope about a month ago intended for a neighbor about a mile down the road. When I took it to him, he said it was rent money from a rent house he owned.

I've filed a couple of complaints over lost mail, but it does zero good. Both our carrier and the post master have the BLM chip on their shoulder.
    Lynx Defense

TexasBB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2014
    Been terrible in my area for 20+ years. Stood inside our office door one time and watched our carrier writing a note which was then left in the mailbox. Went out to get mail and the note said they were unable to deliver package because there was no one in the office. Not an isolated incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdf9183

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2018
    Bastrop
    It is not just the USPS, every business is using covid to give piss poor service. I went to get a haircut a Supercuts yesterday which usually opens at 9:00 am and there was a sign on the door that said they were having summer hours and did not open until 10:00 am. I have been going there for years and never before have they has summer hours. Another covid casualty.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    When I lived in DC, it could take three weeks to go from one side of the district to the other - a distance usually less than 10 miles. Couriers did a booming business because contracts, checks, etc. (often for multi-million dollar deals) taking three weeks to go across town was unacceptable to the businesses.

At the Brentwood postal facility - the one that was closed due to anthrax - they found semi-trailers of mail that had been sitting from six weeks to three months. It was a circus.

And it does not help that the Postal Service helps folks with connections get hired despite lower scores on the test.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Probably most of you are not old enough to remember but in the 1960's if you mailed a letter from a "starred" (had a large star on it) mailbox it was guaranteed to be delivered the next day (and it was). Now if I mail a letter to my next door neighbor it will maybe be delivered in 4 days, maybe.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Although I would say that service has gone down over the years, it especially has gone down since the so called "15 days to slow the spread". Many times packages will sit at a location until they get enough for a load for the destination. My GF sent a package to her daughter, which she also spent extra special delivery costs. Took almost a month to finally arrive after countless calls to USPS.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    USPS is by far the slowest. I'm on a contracted rural route and we have good carriers. I often see them delivering up & down the road. On more than one occasion, they've recognized my truck and stopped me on the road to give me a package that was too large to fit in the mailbox. My gate is 1/4 mile from the mailbox and USPS won't leave packages there - Amazon and UPS do so regularly.
    Unfortunately, Amazon often sublets my deliveries to USPS. When I see it has shipped USPS, I know it is going to take several days longer, and that if it won't fit in my oversized mailbox, I'm going to have to drive 15 mi to town to the post office to pick it up the next day.

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    USPS is by far the slowest. I'm on a contracted rural route and we have good carriers. I often see them delivering up & down the road. On more than one occasion, they've recognized my truck and stopped me on the road to give me a package that was too large to fit in the mailbox. My gate is 1/4 mile from the mailbox and USPS won't leave packages there - Amazon and UPS do so regularly.
    Unfortunately, Amazon often sublets my deliveries to USPS. When I see it has shipped USPS, I know it is going to take several days longer, and that if it won't fit in my oversized mailbox, I'm going to have to drive 15 mi to town to the post office to pick it up the next day.

This is exactly why I quit buying from Amazon. My house is 1/4 mile back in the woods and the mail carrier refuses to use my gate code and come to the house. She just leaves a package on the ground beside the gate. More than one package has disappeared that way.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Those phuktards.

In the last 90 days I've had my social security froze and 3 creditcards froze cause my mail has been returned to sended as I didnt live here anymore.

A bunch of flying monkeys phucking flash footballs.

Just give amazon the usps contract already and disband the union.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    This is exactly why I quit buying from Amazon. My house is 1/4 mile back in the woods and the mail carrier refuses to use my gate code and come to the house. She just leaves a package on the ground beside the gate. More than one package has disappeared that way.

I'm not but 150' off the raod and seen the USPS guy trudge down the driveway with packages. I told him he could pull in the driveway. He answer "We're not allowed to enter a driveway. Too dangerous backing out." I pointed out I have a circular drive, didn't matter. He's great. No problems with him, just don't ask me about the local Postmistress.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Well, I guess I am S.O.L. with my USPS package because according to tracking it was delivered to my secured mailbox but actually was not. Ebay, USPS, and the store I got the item from will do nothing because the tracking number shows it was delivered successfully to me. This is major BS! :mad:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I'm not but 150' off the raod and seen the USPS guy trudge down the driveway with packages. I told him he could pull in the driveway. He answer "We're not allowed to enter a driveway. Too dangerous backing out." I pointed out I have a circular drive, didn't matter. He's great. No problems with him, just don't ask me about the local Postmistress.
    Funny, they deliver to my next door neighbor who has a circular drive way. They also deliver across the street, although there is room to turn around, it's not circular.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    1. The Packages get scanned when it gets to every stop along the way and including your local PO. If there were no tracking updates it was probably due to the system being down. The clerks will still case it and the carriers will still deliver. USPS runs 24/7

2. Most likely a new carrier misplaced the package and didn't find it till the end of their route, and brought it back to the PO. Based on the timestamp, it 100% was their supervisor who had to input it to the system, since NO package can be unaccounted for. Absolutely sucks but theres not much anyone can do. Most PO HAVE to be closed by 8pm, and that new carrier (CCA or RCA) is long home.

The sending it to the wrong town happens occasionally when the automated sorter read the address wrong (smudges on address, etc) or it get knocked into/misplaced into wrong sorting bin. Sounds like the machine read it wrong, and the process is automated untill the actual carrier has to deliver it

That's all well and dandy, but none of that is what makes me angry about this. I understand shit happens, that things get sent to the wrong place, or show up late. It seems to happen more often than it used to, but that's not my real issue here.

The issue I have was with the blatant lies. If the package was simply forgotten or missed, then mark it as such. Don't lie and say that a delivery was attempted and that a notice was left when it wasn't. That makes me have to go reschedule the delivery because of their mistake.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, despite my issues with USPS, I cannot really say anything bad about our mail lady. Most of my issues either come from management, or from somewhere up the line.
    We in the middle of nowhere. So we only deal with “her.”

when I’m at the post office… I get annoyed about them up selling their service’s. You need next day? You need insurance? You need a P.O. Box? You need stamps?

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    We in the middle of nowhere. So we only deal with “her.”

when I’m at the post office… I get annoyed about them up selling their service’s. You need next day? You need insurance? You need a P.O. Box? You need stamps?
    Say no. I need you to dump your union and quit being a multibillion dollar weight around a drowning american economy or have Amazon take you over.

I dont even need you to make a profit, just come within sight of breaking even.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Some folks have been trying to cripple or kill USPS for a long time. USPS is still less expensive than UPS, Fedex, etc. so if USPS dies or rates go up enough the others will make more money. I am certain that is the ultimate goal.

Top Bottom