Lynx Defense

Anyone else notice USPS's quality of service has severely declined?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I ordered something online today and when the screen for shipping showed up with various options, there was a notice on the screen that the vendor had been experiencing problems with USPS and that if delivery time was important you should choose one of the other options. So it's not just a local thing or a couple of people with problems - there's a systemic issue at USPS.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I've had a couple of relatively minor hiccups with USPS over the past @20yrs but all in all, their service hasn't been substantially different than other delivery companies.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Like a seesaw, UPS is now better up here in AR than USPS or FedEx.

If it's FedEx, and it's routed through Nashville headed for Hot Springs, you can guarantee it's going to be delayed at least a day from the initial delivery date.

USPS, you're lucky if it gets delivered at all.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Did you all know about informed delivery? You can see pictures of mail pieces coming to your house and packages.

Daley_G

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2021
    Cypress
    Y'all may already know this but in case anyone wasn't aware, FedEx and UPS stores are often (if not always) franchises - just like chain-based fast-food restaurants. That being the case, you're going to get customer service that's based on what the franchise owner deems appropriate, not the shipper themselves. Same can be said for the local "we ship everything" stores like Mailboxes etc. As for USPS, I haven't dealt with them as much as some other folks here but it seems to me that it just depends on who's working the counter. At our local USPS office, we're treated like we're at the DMV - they don't care to make sure MY issue is addressed - they just want to make it to the end of their shift. I've said it before: they get paid whether they process 100 or 1,000 so where's the incentive to work harder?

Once it goes past the counter person (and this is true for any shipper), there's so much automation that any anomaly takes an act of God to get a human involved - it's just cheaper to write off the lost package and issue a refund than it is to go chase down the shipment.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Your local mail carrier and postmaster really make or break your quality of service. At the last place I lived the mail carrier was a real piece of shit. Must have been the postmaster's nephew or something since complaining did nothing. This was a nice neighborhood, too. This is the typical bureaucratic/union customer service. If there is an issue, there is no way to resolve it.

The mail carrier at our current address is awesome, tho. The only time we get misdelivered or mishandled mail is when it's someone else. Have a camera that sees the mailbox so I know...

Overall I haven't had a whole lot of issues with USPS and still do the majority of my shipping via them. I would actually rate them on par with UPS and better than FedEx. FedEx is very reliable in that you'll always get your mail, but it's almost guaranteed to be broken :laughing:

Now if you want to see bad, use DHL.
    FedEx and UPS stores are often (if not always) franchises
    I've had better results going to the franchise stores. The actual UPS facilities are the ones that are filled with know-it-alls that don't want to help you. The franchises have always treated me like a customer.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I ordered a shell holder from Midway that shipped on 7/14, still waiting. I'm guessing it will never arrive or was delivered to the wrong address.
    I stiill have not received this shell holder (it's been one month). I contacted Midway today and they will send another one. They told me that they have been having problems with their carrier. Anyway, we'll see what happens.

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    I have noticed this since 2016 (Seriously!) and it is much WORSE NOW.

It is much worse now and all of the written complaints (Several letters.) and telephone calls to the USPS, talks and evidence presented IN PERSON at my post office, to my elected officials/people on the state and federal levels, etc. have NOT made any real difference.

Too much to say now but a letter to the person who was working with a MT senator SENT CERTIFIED from my MT post office to HER Kalispell office (Several hours away!) has never been received and NO ONE at the post office can give any answer on WHAT HAPPENED or where it went to. They show the tracking and IT stops. This is over 2 years now or 1.5 years too. SENT Certified not just sent regular first class mail!

That Kalispell office woman was taking care of ALL MONTANA PEOPLE who have had massive issues with their mail living very rural, suburban, in small towns and in larger cities. ALL of my time going back and forth to the MT political offices and to their D.C. offices PLUS with the USPS has not really helped at all.

PLUS we have paid for a USPS mail box at a local post office here too. The rates have really gone up for that LOCKED box too.

I want to quit all of it at the USPS and I have had/used that LOCKED box since I moved out west. In 2016 when my husband retired - the MAIL SYSTEM really screwed up some important papers for him too. OVER 30 days for delivery.

OTHER mail issues have happened to us but it is in all states AND not just 'us' or here in MT.

One piece of mail goes to a locked box at the end of a street here since one place REFUSES to send it to a USPS po box. The rest of JUNK MAIL, if any which I have almost totally stopped - we are OPT OUT people, goes to that street box and ALL OTHER MAIL goes to our post office - station.

I have seriously considered another method for several years now. They are stealing mail out of locked 'street boxes' and rural mail boxes a LOT out here. Several years ago, some criminal took a chain and hooked it to a whole bunch of locked mail boxes at a newer expensive MT subdivision out in the boonies and dumped them all, destroyed them BIG time plus stole their mail.

IT is on our news often about stolen mail and stolen packages. PLUS the slow mail - it is a popular subject out here.

IT is pathetic that NO ONE will fix these issues and complaints go nowhere.

Now, this other ding dong in charge wants slower mail and keeps warning us about it. This MAIL news came out again and again. I have and had VALID PROOF and evidence about mail being VERY LATE, missing mail, slow packages even if I do not get much in the mail for those things and more.

It is hurting small and large businesses and MANY people especially people living in rural areas and/or in VERY large states. It tends to hurt senior citizens more from what I have read too.

Cate

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    That's really the question nobody is asking - how do we *VERIFY* the vote? We could vote through the most insecure methods any idiot could dream up, if we had the ability to verify and validate each ballot was accurately cast, and accurately counted.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I hate to complain (actually, I love to complain) but I have not had decent service from USPS, UPS or FedEx in the past 3 years. They are all barely competent but I give the nod to the Post Office because, in their defense, they handle tens of millions of letters and parcels a day with the regular first class mail being relatively consistent given the volume.

Packages are another thing. The tracking for UPS and FedEx is a joke, as is the tracking for USPS Ground; you cannot rely on anything they post on their websites and the concept of them physically scanning parcels with they go on or off the truck is questionable at best.

Recently I have had UPS and FedEx parcels come from California and take 10-14 days with the tracking showing delivery at the 5-7 day level. Each day the delivery date changed and each day the tracking location changed, stayed the same, reversed direction or was obviously dummied up. For instance, the en route location time would be posted at the same exact time (5:29 pm) each day for 3 days in a row and the package only moved 20 miles each day. Obviously it never moved at all but they had to show some movement. With UPS I had three days in a row of "On the truck for delivery today) and it never showed up.

No, pilgrim, none of these delivery vehicles are reliable and especially when you consider that the ballots will go through the same process

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Just got this "update" on my most recent Fed Ex shipment that was supposed to be here 8/12. When I checked this morning at 5 am, they said it was on the truck in Tyler to be delivered on Monday. Two hours later they deleted that and showed it going back and forth in Dallas for the past two days.

I already got the refund on my credit card so I will wait and see if/when the clowns delivery my shelves so I can refuse the delivery.

Saturday, August 14, 2021
    6:07 AM DALLAS, TXArrived at FedEx location
    4:39 AM DALLAS, TXDeparted FedEx location
    Friday, August 13, 2021
    11:06 PM DALLAS, TXArrived at FedEx location
    5:29 PM DALLAS, TXIn transit
    5:29 AM FORT WORTH, TXIn transit
    Thursday, August 12, 2021
    5:24 PM CLARENDON, TXIn transit
    4:23 AM BELEN, NMIn transit
    Wednesday, August 11, 2021
    3:21 PM PARKS, AZIn transit