Gun Zone Deals

Anyone else know what I'm talking about...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StevenC.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    San Antonio
    Husbands seem to be the biggest impediment to wives learning to shoot (successfully learn in a class).

Anyone else intuit what I'm getting at?
    Military Camp

PRE-K

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Tomball
    Presumably your lesson plan is far different (and likely better) than what he has been "teaching" her all these years, so he is going to poo-poo you and your program.

StevenC.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    San Antonio
    Presumably your lesson plan is far different (and likely better) than what he has been "teaching" her all these years, so he is going to poo-poo you and your program.

If you don't mind I will wait until others have a chance to opine for I provide details.

StevenC.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    San Antonio
    It's not been many, but it is memorable when the husband has decided wife will be carrying a sub-compact .40. Usually she comes to me having been taught incorrectly by him and I'm dealing with correcting what he taught and her scarred self from having the .40 nearly fly out of her hands because she had not clue what was coming.

Did I mention he thinks he should be able to attend the class for free as an observer?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I ALWAYS tell people that the person to teach your significant other to shoot should be someone else. The fact is SOs do not take criticism from each other very well( usually) and there is an expectation of the other intuitively knowing what is trying to be conveyed.

I do not allow husbands or wives to look on while doing one on one instruction. Go find something else to do. I used to if they agreed to watch, but almost 100% of the time they could not do so without giving "helpful" input.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Haha, we used to separate hubbies from wives when I worked as rso for my buddy. Husband would have at least two students between him and his wife. He was only allowed to assist with refilling her mags if she couldn't do it fast enough.

The absolute greatest moment is when the wife out shoots the husband and tells him she's learned more in a four hour class than he's ever been able to teach her.

When my wife and I took his class, he put another student between us, and I got to experience that feeling. It sucks, but I truly feel a husband is the worst teacher of a wife.

StevenC.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    San Antonio
    What I am getting at more that what it seems most of us have experienced is the husband deciding she should shoot a sub-compact .40 or some other gun.

She's never shot a gun before. Is scared or scarred.

Hubby wants her to shoot a his He-Man carry piece and I'm all, "Get out of my way, dude."

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    What I am getting at more that what it seems most of us have experienced is the husband deciding she should shoot a sub-compact .40 or some other gun.

She's never shot a gun before. Is scared or scarred.

Hubby wants her to shoot a his He-Man carry piece and I'm all, "Get out of my way, dude."
    Yeah, I hate the mentality that persists that a small gun is easier for any novice to shoot.

I always recommend a heavy full size until the fundamentals are understood, but that's me.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Too many husbands buy their wives guns without a clue as to what is the correct firearm for them would be or how to choose one........

..and no, I don't let the husbands sit in, or even be on the range when instructing their wives.......

jmho.......

StevenC.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    San Antonio
    Too many husbands buy their wives guns without a clue as to what is the correct firearm for them would be or how to choose one........

..and no, I don't let the husbands sit in, or even be on the range when instructing their wives.......

jmho.......

Exactly right. No clue on what a good gun is or how to shoot trying to buy guns for another person.

I heard a husband this very evening tell his wife that he would met her in the classroom... He didn't pay for a class.

I quashed that right quick.

"Free Class" just "sitting in providing your wife moral support"???

Hell nah. Buy a class for yourself.

StevenC.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    San Antonio
    For me, it is "ALL" of the time it's wrong. Lol.

Every once in a while a significant other actually says something correct. It's just rare. Borders on 100% wrong.

Now if it's a variation of wrong because of timing or application or ego-saving. No argument.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom