Join TexasGunTalk

Anyone buying a Glock 44?

Discussion in 'Rimfire' started by Nietzsche, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    If that is actually an issue then Glock seriously needs to address it. My Advantage Arms Glock conversion and Kimber conversion kits have no issues with being shot hundreds and hundreds of times in a short period of time.

avvidclif and Geezer like this.
  2. Geezer

Geezer Available For Parties TGT Supporter

Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I would think that the dust cover area on the centerfire Glocks would get as hot, or hotter, than the rimfire slide. Just a guess, I have nothing to base it on. But, this the internet, facts just get in the way.

BuzzinSATX likes this.
  3. Geezer

Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    The Advantage Arms conversions that I and my friends have had all ran perfectly.

BuzzinSATX likes this.
  4. BuzzinSATX

BuzzinSATX Active Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Outside San Antonio
    maybe.

I think it’s possible that, in spite of the time Glock put in to test and eval, this is still a “first generation” .22 and likely has some bugs that will come out and some guns will fail. But it’s a .22 semiauto pistol. Issues are inherent and inevitable IMO.

I was originally looking at the Taurus TX22 but they started to see issues with use. I hope they work them out, but most guns run fine.

I took the chance early on with this Glock 44 and so far am glad I did. But time will tell if I was too early to buy it. YMMV

Geezer likes this.
  5. MrOrangeVest

MrOrangeVest New Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Texas
    With only 2 mags for each gun so far, not an issue.

6. MrOrangeVest

MrOrangeVest New Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Texas
    I really think a lot of 22plinkster's issues are magazine related. Not saying the gun is perfect, but neither of my 2 G44s act like his or the one on Military Arms Channel.

7. MrOrangeVest

MrOrangeVest New Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Texas
    If you are a big .22lr shooter, his opinion is highly regarded as I understand it. I started watching him for his trick shots videos as I don't have the luxury of land to set something like that up.

Honestly, I wasn't in the market for a .22lr until there was a Glock .22lr offered. I wanted the training platform without the "meh, close enough," bit.

Bozz10mm likes this.
  8. MrOrangeVest

MrOrangeVest New Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Texas
    And for those of you who are worried about the plastic slide, Glock's simunition pistols also use plastic slide technology, if you want to call it that. So that's not exactly new territory either.

9. Geezer

Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I've also read about people loading magazines differently, having the bullet nose up, having the bullet nose down, etc. I haven't noticed any of this with mine. I pull down on the tabs and load a round in. I've never paid any more attention to it than that.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    BuzzinSATX likes this.
  10. MrOrangeVest

MrOrangeVest New Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Texas
    I was out today and tried to leave the top bullet nose-down-ish (as far as I can tell) to try and generate the first round malfunction so often reported, but have yet to experience it period.