• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I've read about them on Arfcom. Seems to be mixed reviews but then there's an Aimpoint or bust mentality there at times. If you do get one please share how you like it.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    They don’t appear any faster than traditional sights and appear to block some field of view.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    I have and have used one. Very good accuracy on BO pistol but for me(eyes are old) holo sight works better for fast pig shooting. I shot (at) the rear of a running pig, and I know I hit it (25 & 50 yds) but never found it. I'm cheeking the tube & think I push it when firing, not the sight's fault. If you get one, get the pyramid not the cross hairs. Friend who's never shot BO pistol or the sight was pinging steel @ 50, no problem, standing. Hold over is difficult as bottom is obscured - I just figured it from the target. You can use it with glasses but it is tricky. I gave it to grand kid for his 308 AR until he works to get a scope. Some rifles have a problem with mount height and stock cheek weld.. I did't have trouble with it on the levergun.

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I have and have used one. Very good accuracy on BO pistol but for me(eyes are old) holo sight works better for fast pig shooting. I shot (at) the rear of a running pig, and I know I hit it (25 & 50 yds) but never found it. I'm cheeking the tube & think I push it when firing, not the sight's fault. If you get one, get the pyramid not the cross hairs. Friend who's never shot BO pistol or the sight was pinging steel @ 50, no problem, standing. Hold over is difficult as bottom is obscured - I just figured it from the target. You can use it with glasses but it is tricky. I gave it to grand kid for his 308 AR until he works to get a scope. Some rifles have a problem with mount height and stock cheek weld.. I did't have trouble with it on the levergun.
    Thank you.

No issues with its durability or construction?

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Well made, no problems. The front is a decent plastic lens and you don't want to get oil or cleaning solvent on it. Acrylics will stress crack from oils. I didn't get the SeeAllNight version but it still worked with bright moon. Don't know if they have changed anything, mine is 3 yrs old. Oh, mine was the rifle version. It would be big to put on my XDm.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Well made, no problems. The front is a decent plastic lens and you don't want to get oil or cleaning solvent on it. Acrylics will stress crack from oils. I didn't get the SeeAllNight version but it still worked with bright moon. Don't know if they have changed anything, mine is 3 yrs old. Oh, mine was the rifle version. It would be big to put on my XDm.
    I ordered one for a Glock and one rifle version as well. Delta for the pistol and figured I'd try the cross hair for the rifle.

I avoided the extra $100 Tritium version also.

Oils and cleaning solvent are generally not an issue for me......

Again thanks.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    You may need a riser for the rifle to get cheek weld right. Some have indicated this is a problem with straight stock rifles. Oh, and longer screws for AR rail. Don't loose the hex wrenches, they are small.

Nietzsche

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2016
    I bought the tritium see all for the desert eagle but it didn't fit the rail. I quite liked the simplicity of it and the tritium worked well. I considered putting it to use on the MCX but the aimpoint H2 is faster in use.

I bought mine whilst on a discount and the one I received appeared to be a blem. They agreed that a blem had been sent out by mistake. I opted for a refund as I had no use for it. They were good on their promise of a refund.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I guess it would work but on my reflexes just have to put the red dot where you want the bullet to go. Doesn't matter if the dot is perfectly centered either. Does the sight picture look that piss green when you are looking through the sight? I too would like to see a review and some pics like you are looking through the sight.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    my $.02...

If there is no need for magnification, open, hi-vis sights are quicker on target with minimal target fixation affects on situational awareness. If there's a compelling need for a red dot, that dot is going to be an IR or vis laser for shot placement. Complicated sights are a liability, particularly for those who don't train consistently and competently.

I've seen instances of shooters getting smoked looking thru a tube or hesitating while getting their POI on target. Its a distraction.

Having said that, the tritium sights look interesting.

Anyone that disagrees, I'm willing and capable of dispelling your doubts ;)

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I snapped a few pictures and will get a little review up in the next few days.

I will say if you like red dot pistol sights but want a cheaper alternative these may be a good option.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    I see that I saw this thread late. I use'm and I like'm. I'm running them on 1. the High Tower Armory High Point 1095, 2. Sub 2000, 3. RIA VR 60 and I have a couple more to try out. I'm looking forward to get'n them friendly with my Marlin Lever guns.

Yes, it blocks field of view - much like traditional irons. You see everything above the POI clearly and extrapolate the crosshair or reticle location on the target. I'm much faster and more consistent compared to irons. I'm almost as quick and just as accurate as a red dot. Much more accurate than a red dot that us broken or has a bad battery.

I'm trying to make it out to NW Houston on Sunday - if anyone is curious I can pack a few examples.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I ordered the triangle reticle sight to fit my Glock 35 and a Picatinny mount with the hold over style reticle. Neither are Tritium as I would like to see that in person before adding the extra expense.

Both sights came in decent foam lined cardboard boxs and included simple instructions and Allen wrenches to mount them and adjust the sight.

I was surprised at how small the triangle is but it really blows up well viewing it through the magnifier. One picture is showing it up close and the second shows the view at arms length like you would see while shooting.

I got a chance to put some rounds through my G35 with the triangle reticle sight installed.

They look and act just like their videos show. Very similar to installing a red dot on your pistol as far as shooting goes.

I don't shoot red dots much but had the same issue with this sight. I was searching for the proper view. Once I had a few rounds down range the sight became easier to find. Practice will definitely help.

The sight itself seems to be a quality piece and installation is pretty simple. Drive out your rear sight, drive in their rear adapter, and screw the sight down. The sight wedges itself on the gun well given only one screw holds it. It is solid once installed.

The Picatinny models just mount on a rail like any other sight. My Picatinny model has the hold over type reticle and I didn't test that one yet. I don't foresee any issues though.

All in all I think these are a great affordable option for those looking for red dot alternatives that don't need a battery. With discounts these were about $80 each. The Tritium option adds $100 each.
    bb3e5f746bdb7cb15b299e0b347e4057.jpg
    13a16e254fea8d53a4005391ddc2179c.jpg
    abc093ec63165b46b6f67513628a7b39.jpg
    989ebbd79ada1c566b7d055cd171e11e.jpg

Attachments

• bb3e5f746bdb7cb15b299e0b347e4057.jpg
      bb3e5f746bdb7cb15b299e0b347e4057.jpg
      59.1 KB · Views: 345
    • 13a16e254fea8d53a4005391ddc2179c.jpg
      13a16e254fea8d53a4005391ddc2179c.jpg
      55.1 KB · Views: 344
    • abc093ec63165b46b6f67513628a7b39.jpg