Join TexasGunTalk

Anybody tried one of these?

Discussion in 'Rimfire' started by Mohawk600, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Mohawk600

Mohawk600 Well-Known

Mar 31, 2018
    Austin

2. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

An AR with a dedicated .22 upper & binary trigger beats that!

3. HKShooter65

HKShooter65 TGT Addict

1. Did it bother anyone that he spun it around pointing right at his belly button with 2 loaded mags!!!

2. I have one from about 1990. Need to get it lubed and shooting soon. Takes a lot of space on my closet shelf.

Definitely an impractical range toy but gets a lot of smiles!!

The guy I got it from way back when said he used a cordless drill to get a constant rate of fire.
    Cool idea but a felony, as the drill trigger becomes a machine gun trigger!!!

4. Glenn B

Glenn B Well-Known TGT Supporter

Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana Area
    It does not bother me one bit that he pointed a loaded weapon at himself. I mean, why would I give a rat's arse about whether or not he shoots himself or potentially puts himself at risk. Now, had he pointed it at me or mine, that would have been another story and I can assure you he would have known it did not please me and that it in fact it would have infuriated me. Then again, had that been a public range and if I was the range master at that range, he would be banned for life - not because it bothered me but because he potentially put others at risk on the range and the rules of the range are the rules ad he would have broken them badly.

As for it bothering me for any other reason: Why should it bother anyone but maybe himself or a snowflake who wanted to make something of it? Please don't tell me how it makes us all look bad, in fact it only makes him look like a moron. The fact is leftists will try to make us look bad no matter what - with him being an idiot or not. So, again, no it did not bother me in the least as I sit here thinking what a putz was he.

5. Oldbluered

Oldbluered Member

Oct 18, 2019
    Bastrop area
    Pointed at himself and the clip didn't empty on him...hmm guns don't just kill people :laughing:
    Those 22 cranks look pretty fun, I've seen some sell for 1000-1500 on gunbroker. That Tippman 9mm mini gatling gun looks like a blast, but there's also one in 45 for about 2k more.

6. Dawico

Dawico Uncoiled Lifetime Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    That's not how that works. It's not illegal at all.

The drill trigger turns a crank that still hits each trigger on the actual guns individually.

V-Tach likes this.
  7. zackmars

zackmars Well-Known

Nov 4, 2015
    Texas

How it works means nothing. Look at bumpstocks, shoe strings, etc

8. navysooner

navysooner Active Member

Jan 19, 2014
    Ft. Worth
    clip?

glenbo likes this.
  9. Oldbluered

Oldbluered Member

Oct 18, 2019
    Bastrop area
    Clip, magazine, magazine tube, etc...all the same to me but magazine is probably more accurate. I always referred to anything with 10 or less rounds a clip.

10. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    That's a good strategy if your goal is to ensure a response to every post. Congrats on thinking of it. :)

OK, so much for the joke. Since you're new, I'll let you know now that there's plenty of pedantry around here regarding the use of "clip" and "magazine".

Whistler and vmax like this.