• ...and so much more!
  • Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I sent a request in to get my medical records 6 months ago and haven't received anything back at all.
    Hello vet! Each county in Texas has a VA counselor, if unable to find one then contact your local VFW, they will help you. You were assigned a disability rating during your mustering out process, that is the one on which your disability will be based. A long process to get re evaluated but maybe worth it.. if you can't locate local help, then pm me and I'll attempt to help you locate someone in your area.. Semper Fi to all those who serve

Jpj86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2021
    Dfw
    I second getting an outside advocate who does it full time. A lot of them seem to cost a lot. Aka 4K-ish but they charge it out of what you’re already not getting if that makes sense. So I didn’t notice the cost.

tonyt79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2017
    Lavon
    I just did the process last year after being out about 10 years. I will have to look and find the website to apply or request a review. It’s the same one for GI bill. I was never a person to do anything about documenting or even going sick call for the things. I would have never applied for disability, but I was convinced by multiple people. Ended up with just 10% for hearing. If you have or can find documents you should good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chuckles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 4, 2021
    Fort Worth
    I second getting an outside advocate who does it full time. A lot of them seem to cost a lot. Aka 4K-ish but they charge it out of what you’re already not getting if that makes sense. So I didn’t notice the cost.
    Do you have a recommendation? I’m open to anyone who can help.

Jpj86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2021
    Dfw
    Repforvets

I’d do some research and see what each company can do for you. Some will help from square one, some will help increase the rating (set up appointments etc etc)

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I should also add that it took me over ten years of phone calls, form finding and filing, doctor appointments, and general .gov game playing to get a rating over 20%.

jonevill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Texas City
    I can't say enough good things about the Texas Veterans Commission. They guided me through the whole process. They are employees of the state and their main function is to help veterans get what they deserve.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Stay away from county supported VSO’s in the blue counties with urban cesspools like Houston, DFW, SA, Austin, et al. Use state or private organizations like VFW instead.

13centkiller

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2021
    Umbarger TX
    VSO's do their best, VFW and DAV (who I am both lifetime members with) just don't have the training and clout to back them up. Get an attorney. I spent 20 years going around in circles with the VA/DAV/VFW/ and state reps.It wasn't until I got legal representation that things started to happen and move through the system.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    The VA gave me the run-around for years. I went to the DAV and things changed swiftly. They know the VA better than the VA does. They are highly trained and know what to do and how to do it.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    You should be able to get your VA records on line at va.gov
    There's a secure log in that lets you do all sorts of things. Claims, prescriptions, records, appointments, message doctors.and more.
    I access it through the free Vetsapp.on my phone.

If you are after your service records, I can't help. The Dallas VA has a benefits office that is run by the DAV or something and they could point you to your service med records probably.

Top Bottom