DK Firearms

Any Real Estate agnets feel like showing me a property in 78611 Friday morning ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    the shed is described in the MLS as being a permanent structure with heat and A/C
    that was used for dog grooming.

I would say that should make it part of the property.

1631800348468.png
    Gun Zone Deals

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Next

Home inspection complete. What did they find you say who would have guessed

Structurally the house is good.
    electrical is good

Home is peer and beam and has at least a 3" drop from being level

and the winning negative the owner removed the propane heaters and the propane tank leaving the home with no heat

With no heating system the home is uninhabitable and my Lender will not loan on a home without one.

Asked for a 5 day extension on being able to get out of the deal without losing my good faith deposit.

My gut is telling me walk away.

At this point I am out some time and the cost of the inspection.

Soon the costs will go up in the appraisal
    fee and other stuff. I do kind of want to see what it appraises at but at 650 bucks I am not sure I want to know that bad lol.

My irrational side sees what it could be and is telling me to go forward.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Next

Home inspection complete. What did they find you say who would have guessed

Structurally the house is good.
    electrical is good

Home is peer and beam and has at least a 3" drop from being level

and the winning negative the owner removed the propane heaters and the propane tank leaving the home with no heat

With no heating system the home is uninhabitable and my Lender will not loan on a home without one.

Asked for a 5 day extension on being able to get out of the deal without losing my good faith deposit.

My gut is telling me walk away.

At this point I am out some time and the cost of the inspection.

Soon the costs will go up in the appraisal
    fee and other stuff. I do kind of want to see what it appraises at but at 650 bucks I am not sure I want to know that bad lol.

My irrational side sees what it could be and is telling me to go forward.

A few years ago my wife and I walked from a home we had a contract on, after having the inspector come out. The things he found - janky electrical, not meeting fire code, and some DIY carpentry that made the house legally go from the listed 4 bedroom to a 3 bedroom werent' as bad as your not-level, no-heat having home. The sellers in our case offered to pay for repairs, but it left me wondering what else was wrong the inspector couldn't find due to them not being able to be invasive with inspections.

There are a lot of other homes out there, you'll find a better house no doubt. I'd run, not walk, from that deal today.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    While all the above posts make sense, if you can use the home inspection to lower the overall cost of the property enough to more than offset any repairs, the deal can be salvaged.

That's assuming you want the property bad enough. There must be some reason you went through so many roadblocks and jumped so many hurdles to get this far.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    While all the above posts make sense, if you can use the home inspection to lower the overall cost of the property enough to more than offset any repairs, the deal can be salvaged.

That's assuming you want the property bad enough. There must be some reason you went through so many roadblocks and jumped so many hurdles to get this far.
    This.
    That location is pretty sweet.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I’d take a hard look at the deed documents. There’s a vendor lien on that deed.

Is that something that will come up with the title search. And thanks for finding and letting me know.

As far as the property the location and lot are the only reason I have not walked away. The cost of building a new home on the location would make it a hard pill for me to swallow.

They agreed to a 5 day extension to my walk away time due to the heating issue. Although again no signed addendum.

I woke up again this AM saying I am pulling the plug.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Is that something that will come up with the title search. And thanks for finding and letting me know.

As far as the property the location and lot are the only reason I have not walked away. The cost of building a new home on the location would make it a hard pill for me to swallow.

They agreed to a 5 day extension to my walk away time due to the heating issue. Although again no signed addendum.

I know that a person should not make such huge buying decisions based on emotions, but sometimes, something captures our attention or our hearts and we just want it. So we will jump through the hoops to try and make it happen, all the while knowing in the back of our minds, we should just walk away, and look for something different.

So with that said, If you decide to venture forth and make it happen with this one, I wish you nothing but the best of luck. If you decide to pass, I hope that you find something that makes you happy.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I know that a person should not make such huge buying decisions based on emotions, but sometimes, something captures our attention or our hearts and we just want it. So we will jump through the hoops to try and make it happen, all the while knowing in the back of our minds, we should just walk away, and look for something different.

So with that said, If you decide to venture forth and make it happen with this one, I wish you nothing but the best of luck. If you decide to pass, I hope that you find something that makes you happy.

Ya I am a person who usually jumps in before checking how deep that murky water really is.

my logical side is really working over time on is it really feasible to do what I want with the property and the short answer is I am going to run out of cash before its done unless I sell my current home.

if I do that I need to dump cash into the current house that Is on the property and that is like burning 10-15K

The other issue is I for the most part really like my current home and neighborhood
    other than one pest of a neighbor and his barking dog lol. And I guess if that was really an issue I would have told him to pound sand.

This thread kind of went off the rails and it boils down to I need to put on the big boy pants and make up my mind.

kind of funny I really never put my personal junk out there

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Ya I am a person who usually jumps in before checking how deep that murky water really is.

my logical side is really working over time on is it really feasible to do what I want with the property and the short answer is I am going to run out of cash before its done unless I sell my current home.

if I do that I need to dump cash into the current house that Is on the property and that is like burning 10-15K

The other issue is I for the most part really like my current home and neighborhood
    other than one pest of a neighbor and his barking dog lol. And I guess if that was really an issue I would have told him to pound sand.

This thread kind of went off the rails and it boils down to I need to put on the big boy pants and make up my mind.

kind of funny I really never put my personal junk out there
    Shady, just think of us as your support group! Also remember, we are not emotionally invested in this decision like you are. We can stand back and see the forest for the trees.

But also remember, many of us may have been in exactly the same shoes at one time or another. So we understand, and can be objective to see this from different angles.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

It should, it’s public record. From Burner CAD enter the address and look under the Deed section

The guy who’s acting like the bank is listed there. Then go to the Burent County Clerk’s web page and do a records search for deed with Nored as the grantor and you’ll find an online copy of the deed showing the details. It appears access to the property is via a 50-ft wide easement.

This isn’t a show stopper per se, but I would think a call to Mr Nored’s office (Attorney’s Abstract & Title Co in Burnet) could be worth while.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    It should, it’s public record. From Burner CAD enter the address and look under the Deed section

The guy who’s acting like the bank is listed there. Then go to the Burent County Clerk’s web page and do a records search for deed with Nored as the grantor and you’ll find an online copy of the deed showing the details. It appears access to the property is via a 50-ft wide easement.

This isn’t a show stopper per se, but I would think a call to Mr Nored’s office (Attorney’s Abstract & Title Co in Burnet) could be worth while.

Good grief I wish my taxes were that low.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013

Wow thanks for that who knew

Thanks again

The 50ft easement is the entrance to the city park so at least with that I know it will be maintained. the driveway is only about 15-20 ft off that main entrance and where the gate to the property is then its gravel

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013

Ok so that thing is crazy.

It let me pull up the divorce decree of the owners.

I was curious about what I was told about the shed and the green house being awarded to her in the divorce and after skimming it seems like that was BS.

It also shows that the proceeds from the sale of the property will first be used to pay off xxxxbank for the waterwell repairs done. I am guessing that is the vendor lien but you all know what guessing gets you.

Top Bottom