Any negatives on Mazda CX-5s?

Sam7sf

Secession supporter. FJB.
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Apr 13, 2018
Texas
With a inexperienced driver too. Be slamming into something no time.

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
Because navigating navigation menus is something that doesn’t work well or intuitively with the little knobs and buttons used for radio and climate control.

And if you already have the touch screen for navigation it makes sense to incorporate the other stuff as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
As far as distracting a driver, same could be said for the installation of stereos. Get rid of them. Too many people scanning for a song instead of driving. Or just assume that some will be responsible and some won’t. Whether the touch screen is in their hand or on the dash is irrelevant.

pronstar

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Jul 2, 2017
Dallas
As far as distracting a driver, same could be said for the installation of stereos. Get rid of them. Too many people scanning for a song instead of driving. Or just assume that some will be responsible and some won’t. Whether the touch screen is in their hand or on the dash is irrelevant.

As the resident car stereo salesman…I’m offended by your hurtful words

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

robertc1024

Staff member
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Jan 22, 2013
San Marcos
I bought a new CX-5 in 2016 and have had zero problems. Mine is the fully loaded Grand Touring model and is nicely equipped and featured. The only negative I have is that the audio/navigation/display controls are not intuitive and the round toggle knob on the console is a pain. Once you learn it, not much of a problem but they could have stuck with a more traditional set of controls.

I had a Hyundai Tucson before this and the Mazda is a much better value. At the $30K price point, it’s hard to beat
I hear you on the controls, but I consider it to be a very, very minor thing.

davewho

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jun 1, 2015
Austin
The 2019 (and I assume later models) has Apple Car Play. So you can navigate w/ voice commands. No need to fool around with control/phone except for the big ass knob in the console area which is easy to find with your eyes on the road.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Aug 27, 2009
San Antonio!
The 2019 (and I assume later models) has Apple Car Play. So you can navigate w/ voice commands. No need to fool around with control/phone except for the big ass knob in the console area which is easy to find with your eyes on the road.

It also has Android Auto, which also supports voice commands. I use it in my wife's CX-5 all the time (as well as my 2013 VW Sportwagen)!

Top Bottom