• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigmar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Arlington Tx
    I use to reload 30+ years ago strictly for my 44 so I may as well start from scratch as I've pretty much forgotten everything. i'm giving serious thought of getting back into it. Calipers I own are 45 acp, 45 LC, 454 Casuell, 30-30, 556 and thinking of getting a 6.5 Grendal or 308. I want to start out with good quality basic equipment that I can expand on. Fyi when I reloaded it was strictly jacketed rounds due to the loads. So I would like to learn the ins and outs of casting too. I'm pushing 60 so hoping someone can teach this old dog a few things. Anyone in the Arlington Tx area ?​
    Capitol Armory ad

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Hang around the site a while and I bet you'll find someone. Good people on this forum and lots of great information. I own a handpress and turret press by lee. The turret gets some serious use and as long as you are using standard size dies it is a worthwhile investment. Even though I load for 9 different calibers now, I still never have gotten into casting. I'm no help there but if you are looking for reloading recipes, it's a good idea to search through older reloading threads or just start a new one. Enjoy your new, old hobby.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    When I started loading brass ammo, I asked an old friend who reloaded to help me get started. He said no. He told me to buy a good reloading manual and read it. At first I was a little pissed at my friend, but after getting the manual I changed my attitude. With a manual, you are reading the information first hand. If you do not understand it, read it again. The manual will teach you things another person might fail to mention.
    I am 65 years old and have been reloading for 20 years (+/-). I own four or five reloading manuals, and I have read each one. Each manual covers the same basic information, but I have learned new information from each one. I recommend you do the same thing. It doesn't take long, especially since you have prior experience. Have fun with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul5388

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Rusk County
    I would suggest getting a copy of Lyman's 49th Edition and reading it. After you read it, you'll still have good information/data to use in reloading, whether using jacketed bullets or cast.

Top Bottom