• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Unless you have been changing the transmission fluid on a regular basis, this may not be a good idea with that many miles on it.
    The transmission was rebuilt not too long ago, it is time to change it out (maintenance interval). Usually would take it in to have done, but with time on my hands, will give it a go.
    I know what you're saying though. Let the changes in fluid lapse for quite a long time years ago and then had it flushed/filled with new filter and it went out shortly thereafter. Trying to be more diligent.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The one they have will just read the codes. The one needed has the ability to manipulate the ECM (computer) to reset the idle and throttle. Had thought about buying one, but don't have the necessary 4-5K lying around. If I did, sure would get a nice thermal instead :)
    Im Glad To See You Got Your Priorities In Order Ariel Mortman GIF - ImGladToSeeYouGotYourPrioritiesInOrder ArielMortman HayleyWoods GIFs

jwynn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2021
    Bertram , Texas
    since you changed the intake . You probably have a vacuum leak . Spray some wd40 around all the gasket surfaces . if your idle changes then you have found the problem . That 2000 is a LS motor with a plastic type manifold . over tightening or the seal slipping will be a problem or it can even be a crack . When i worked at the GM dealer we had some manifold issues with hair line cracks.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    since you changed the intake . You probably have a vacuum leak . Spray some wd40 around all the gasket surfaces . if your idle changes then you have found the problem . That 2000 is a LS motor with a plastic type manifold . over tightening or the seal slipping will be a problem or it can even be a crack . When i worked at the GM dealer we had some manifold issues with hair line cracks.

Welcome to TGT.

He already got it repaired. Just needed a software update or adjustment IIRC.

jwynn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2021
    Bertram , Texas
    must have taken it to the dealer . They have the software to update the ECM . I still have the TECH 2 and the software i used when i worked at allen samuels in houston.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    must have taken it to the dealer . They have the software to update the ECM . I still have the TECH 2 and the software i used when i worked at allen samuels in houston.

IIRC, a neighbor of his down the street was a former dealership mechanic and had the bi-directional scan tool similar to a TECH 2 and did it for him. Didn't even charge hi very much either.

Top Bottom