• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    DFW
    I finally broke my Remington 700P (.308) out of the safe today to get it sighted in. 100 yards was pretty easy and I'll get it dialed in at 200 yards next week. What I really want to do is take it out to 500-600 yards or more . Is there anywhere around the DFW area (within an hour or two) that this is possible? Anyone here shoot distances like that and want to share some pointers? Thanks in advance.
    Target Sports

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    There is a range in Central Texas that goes out to 1000yds. I haven't been there. I just heard of them not too long ago. Tiger Valley Seems like a pretty good place to shoot long range. They say there are two locations, but which one has what I don't know.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Bump Bump bump ok that is plenty of bump! LOL! I'd like to know to I have a friend that wants to get into long range shooting and he was asking about it.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The Bayou club in Houston has 1000 yards and the Golden Triangle club in Beaumont has 600. Check their websites.

Flash

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Check out Tiger Valleys 'long range open shoot' under 'courses'. I don't think you can beat that price if it is all it seems to be. As I said before, I have never been there, but will have to check it out.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    There is a long range shooting club at Fort Walters (Wichita Texas). They shoot every month and the competitions vary from 300 yards out to 800 yards. The range is located on an active Army Reserve Base. They are limited to .225 ammo currently due to range limitations.

Top Bottom