• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • walt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Fort Worth
    Im new to texas and would like to try hunting on a lease. A buddy of mine is willing to pay to hunt also. We're both military stationed in Fort Worth and will be more than respectful to the landowners and property. I get back soon from Florida and would like to start hunting right away. Any lot that has deer, turkey and either birds or misc. varmits I would be willing to pay for. If you have opening on your lease or know how to get in touch with a lease holder looking for hunters. Any help would be awesome Thank you all in advance.
    Hurley's Gold

walt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Fort Worth
    Thank You for the offer. It seems that without having a lease you have to do some serious land scouting, which I wish I had time
    or even knew where to start. Im going to pay the extra money to get a public land license but even then It is a few hour drive between the couple
    dozen Public use areas within a few hours of fort worth. Didnt expect quite this much trouble when I came down here....

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    Thank You for the offer. It seems that without having a lease you have to do some serious land scouting, which I wish I had time
    or even knew where to start. Im going to pay the extra money to get a public land license but even then It is a few hour drive between the couple
    dozen Public use areas within a few hours of fort worth. Didnt expect quite this much trouble when I came down here....

Yeah, I am with you, back in KS we have a ton of Walk In Hunting Areas, so you at least have a chance to hunt if you don't have your own land. I was so pumped moving to Texas with all of the game to hunt down here. Now I am planning on just spending the $2k most people spend on a lease on our of state tags back in KS, MO and IL where I know I have land I can hunt on...

walt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Fort Worth
    Lox Im with you I was stoked to move down here. Im origanlly from PA and we had a ton of walk on land, and landowners seemed
    a little more prone to let you on thier land right then when you asked, so long as you closed gates and didnt screw with thier property
    i loved in washington for five years also, given all the liberals up there they had a ton of land on the western half open to the public
    always worth the drive, hunting was great up there, I plan on going back to bow hunt a cougar. Im trying to find a lease now
    around the two grand price to split with a buddy.

If anyone needs another guy or two to fill a lease PM I'm eager to hunt! If you have land and are in more need of work than you are money
    I would be happy to work for you, including welding if you need it....

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    That is one of the tougher things about Texas Hunting. I have always thought if we had more public land it would foster more people to consider it as a hobby. My home state had lots more public land than Texas and wasnt near as large. I dont have a lease but am always getting invites to go hunt deer, hogs and dove. But if you want to have a place to spend lots of time at, it will take finding a lease.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    One of the guys I work with has been in on a lease with a few other guys for like 30 years. Maybe if a few of us with similar interests could find a lease in a common area we could band together. Draw up some sort of agreement about how and when to use and what not...Thoughts?

walt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Fort Worth
    Sounds good to me. Im willing to drive three hours or more provided its land I can sleep on for the weekend, in most states that would open
    up a ton of options haha but in texas its not even half the state, do love that about the state, I put up a lease wanted on craigslist and when I
    get back to the state am going to try to spend the time looking for a landowner willing lease his land for at least the big season, deer, turkey, and
    god willing upland bird or waterfowl. The only problem I see is the paperwork to protect the landowner primarly and the hunters (and our money). Legal
    drafting is always tough subject especially to bring that up to someone willing to let you hunt. Im going talk to one of my officers who i heard has some land
    near weatherford and hopefully knows other landowners

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    Well keep us updated on your status Walt, I'll poke around and see what I can find. Are you deployed right now? When do you circulate back?

walt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Fort Worth
    I'll be back in early march. I'll start my poking and trying to network with some of the guys in my command also. For now Ill do as much online
    etc. research as I can and Keep ya'll posted IF I make progress, for some of the guys that are already hunting in texas what do you do? You have
    to give up your secret location or anything. But maybe how you went about finding a landowner, did you bounce promising looking lots off
    a tax map and call them directly? etc. etc. If you are using public land what kind of plots are promising lakes ponds grasslands etc., If
    you are on lease what do you pay.. for the game and ammenities? Did you pay for leasehunter.com or craigslist or what? Any help just
    looking for finger saying go that way would be greatly apprectiated!

Top Bottom