• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    If the rotor is pointing where you show while at TDC, i would pull the distributor and correct the rotor location, unless that is how the cap is marked. What brand of distributor did you buy? Is the cap marked for #1?
    Venture Surplus ad

PDiddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2022
    South of I10
    If you are positive that you are at TDC now, just make sure that #1 plug wire is in the position where the rotor is pointing and then follow the firing order 1,5,3,6,2,4.
    I am not positive of anything at this point… :roflsmile:
    I will be in Katy next week. Hopefully you will have it running long before that, but if not, let me know and I will be happy to help you out.
    I hope so too but if not I will definitely take you up on that.

Last edited:

PDiddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2022
    South of I10
    If the rotor is pointing where you show while at TDC, i would pull the distributor and correct the rotor location, unless that is how the cap is marked. What brand of distributor did you buy? Is the cap marked for #1?

Not sure how to correct rotor location. The brand is Top Street Performance. I do not see any markings for #1

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Not sure how to correct rotor location. The brand is Top Street Performance. I do not see any markings for #1
    It really does not matter. If you are at TDC of the compression stroke with the timing marks lined up on the crank. Just place #1 wire in the position that lines up with the rotor position and go from there.

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    You would pull the distributor, rotate the rotor to the location you want as #1 and reinstall the distributor. You do not have ot do this as someone else posted, you can simply make the location where the rotor is located #1 and then go from there.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    You should also verify direction of rotation but it sounds like you're almost there. Some designs are driven by a driveshaft shared with the oil pump or driven off a gear. It may require you to manipulate the opposite end with a screwdriver to stab correctly. I would want it to match right myself.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    It was a nice diversion from my usual day to day routine, and a bit of a blast from the past. I always like those old straight sixes!

And I am glad to be of help and actually get to meet face to face with one of the folks I interact with on an Internet forum.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom