• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RevolverBuff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2016
    Round Rock
    Recently moved to the Austin area from The Great Pacific Northwet. I was in the habit of attending an IHMSA match at Paul Bunyan Rifle and Pistol range in Puyallup, WA. Wondering if there are any IHMSA matches in Central Texas. Don't mind driving an hour, maybe two at the outside.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Hurley's Gold

RevolverBuff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2016
    Round Rock
    Thank you Cutter
    Really appreciate the link will take a look. Don't mind waiting a couple months if need be. Still need to setup my reloading benches after the move. At my current rate that might take a while :)

Hfrog355

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    MetalCutter, I see you're in the Woodlands. I'm looking to get involved in some shooting competitions closer to our area. I'd never heard of IHMSA before, but it sounds interesting. I'd also love to get involved with some multi-gun competitions. Do you know how I could get hooked up with any of those?

MetalCutter

Life is too short for cheap cigars!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    The Woodlands, TX
    Hfrog,

There are basically four ranges left which host IHMSA matches in Texas. The closest is PSC in Friendswood which is also the only one holding year round matches. Greenwood and New Braunfels have stopped holding their matches for the year. Both will start up again early next year. There is another one in Sweetwater but I don't have any current information on that one. Directions to PSC, Greenwood and New Braunfels below. Let me know if I can help in any other way.

PSC SILHOUETTE
    Friendswood, Texas
    Match Director: Randy Parker
    (713) 906-7674
    3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Saturday of the Month, 9 A.M.

From downtown Houston, take I-45 South towards Galveston. Take the NASA Road 1 exit and turn right (west) on FM 528 heading towards Alvin. Several miles after you pass through the intersection of FM 528 and FM 518 (stay on FM 528) there will be a softball field on the right. Just past this field is a canal with a tall radio antenna just the other side of the canal on the left. Turn left on the gravel road which runs next to the canal, go through the gate to the range. For more information visit the club's web site: http://www.psc-range.com/

GREENWOOD GUN CLUB
    Brazoria, Texas
    Match Director: Butch Brezina
    (979) 849-3172
    4[SUP]th[/SUP] Sunday of the Month, 9 A.M.

From downtown Houston, take Hwy. 288 south towards Angleton. Exit Hwy. 35 and turn right (west) heading toward West Columbia. Turn left on FM 521 at Bailey’s Prairie. Approximately 5.3 miles south of Hwy. 35 will be County Road 508, which is the first paved road on the left. Turn left on 508 and go until the road dead ends (about 1 mile). Turn right and go through the gate, bear left at the archery range and go straight to reach the silhouette range. For more information visit the club's web site: http://greenwoodgunclub.org/

CENTRAL TEXAS SILUETA ASSOCIATION
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Match Director: John Weaver
    (254) 913-6469
    jeweaver@clearwire.net
    Weekend of the 2nd Sunday of the Month, 10 A.M.
    Saturday - Small Bore, Fifth Scale, Field Pistol, Half Scale
    Sunday - Small Bore, Fifth Scale, Field Pistol, Half Scale, Big Bore

From San Marcos, heading south on I-35, or heading north on I-35 from San Antonio, exit Loop 337 at New Braunfels and turn westward on Loop 337 until it intersects Highway 46. Turn westward on Highway 46 heading toward Boerne. Approximately 5 to 6 miles on the left is the Dietz Rifle Range. Turn left into the driveway, go just past the range buildings and turn left on the gravel road, it wanders past a couple of other ranges but it dead ends into the silhouette range. For more information visit the club's web site: http://silhouette-texas.us

It’s always a good idea to call the match director or state director to confirm a match date, especially if it’s a long drive.

MetalCutter

Life is too short for cheap cigars!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    The Woodlands, TX
    Although the pistols and calibers can get very specialized the beauty of IHMSA is you can get started with pretty much any type of handgun. There are separate competitions for twenty-two and centerfire broken down into numerous categories (standing, production, revolver, unlimited, etc) and allowing both iron sighted pistols and optics. My advice is to attend a match, introduce yourself and check out what goes on at a match.

Top Bottom