• ...and so much more!
  • Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Start at Montgomery taking 149 through the forrest past Richard's, through Anderson to 3090.
    It hits 3090 about the middle, go the entire length. There are several more good miles on minor roads past 3090 which I can't do without being there.
    After finishing 3090, go back to Montgomery, then hit 1097 and take it all the way. There are several more good miles on minor roads there which I can't do without being there.

Of what I posted, the best twisties are the 149 route through to, and including, 3090.

ETA: I'll emphasize that it's been 15 years since I have done this route.
    I don't know what might have happened to any of it.
    I can't find any of that, get a bike tomorrow and come meet me after work. Lol

I just traced that on Gobble Globe, I've done a good portion of it but was just riding so I didn't worry of names/numbers. 149 road through the forrest is still good but I haven't ridden to Montgomery. No doubt a lot more development and cops since your time I'd imagine. A lot of minor intersections and driveways to consider also. Thanks Cam, 'preciate it.
    Venture Surplus ad

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I can't find any of that, get a bike tomorrow and come meet me after work. Lol

I just traced that on Gobble Globe, I've done a good portion of it but was just riding so I didn't worry of names/numbers. 149 road through the forrest is still good but I haven't ridden to Montgomery. No doubt a lot more development and cops since your time I'd imagine. A lot of minor intersections and driveways to consider also. Thanks Cam, 'preciate it.

Montgomery is at 105/149.
    Start there, head up 149, through Richard's and Anderson, it's 149 all the way. That tees into 3090.

dermunkee

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2016
    Katy, TX
    I live right at Mason and 1093, when I want to do a quick (40 minute) drive, I head west on 1093 to Fulshear, north on 359, then come back on 10 to 99 and down to 1093. If you have Waze, all of those roads present opportunities for spirited driving if you hit them at times where there isn't much traffic.
    For a longer drive, keep going 359 past 10 and take 1458 back to 1093. For that one, you want a radar detector, there's not enough people driving that to update Waze.

The drive out to Brazos Bend SP can be nice, but you can also get stuck behind large, slow trucks on a road that has limited passing opportunities.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    1093 out to Simonton make a right through Frydek up to San filipe at I10- up through patterson and back through Brookshire on 90. the route listed first .

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Just hitch up and go over to the Tail of the Dragon.

Convertible with a good V8 under the hood.

Worth the trip. Some day I will go back.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Just hitch up and go over to the Tail of the Dragon.

Convertible with a good V8 under the hood.

Worth the trip. Some day I will go back.

I hit it when I drove my new (to me) car home.
    I was about worn out by the time I hit the top.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    One of my favorite short drives was 105 between Navasota and Brenham; also always liked taking 36 out of Brenham toward Somerville, then 60 back toward College Station.

Been awhile and that part of Texas has changed ...

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    Back on the day, the rice fields between Katy and Houston offered long straight roads, these were great for the street rods. Many a lad crashed in those fields .

Top Bottom