• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lipps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Central Texas
    Local honey huh? How about you put a few jars in classifieds?

Pic from October 2014. From one beehive. I usually only take half of what's inside the hive. That's 2.5 gallons in the pic. There was 3 gallons but I gave 2 quarts (6-ish pounds) to the neighbors.

a8957e19ed1bf642cc5ac49ce9b8eb84.jpg

Lipps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Central Texas
    Actually, it isn't really what I'd call dark. I think the lighting in the kitchen makes it look dark. But it does tend to be darker in the fall than late Spring/early Summer honey.

STXdevilsquid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    I have bees, get my hives in Bee County in the town of Beeville from the Amish. True story, just a funny coincidence.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

flashgor_99

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2015
    I keep bees, too. Only one hive at present. Ovr the last three years, I've probably put in $1000 into equipment and bees and harvested a 1/2 pint. Target mounted on the side of one of those hives is starting to look pretty good.

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    I keep bees, too. Only one hive at present. Ovr the last three years, I've probably put in $1000 into equipment and bees and harvested a 1/2 pint. Target mounted on the side of one of those hives is starting to look pretty good.

Some folks in my neighborhood are going into their second year with two hives. They were told not to expect anything the first full year, but they ended up harvesting over 80 pounds.

Lipps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Central Texas
    The most expensive thing I ever bought for beekeeping is an Ultrabreeze jacket for $163. For many years I just used a long sleeve dress shirt and a simple veil fitted over my hat. The rest of the equipment is either cheap or homemade. I even make my own beehive boxes.

Tony2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2013
    Magnolia

Don't do that. At least sell it. There is a lot to keeping bees. Got my first hive in may a few years ago the next spring made eleven gallons of honey

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    If anything bees can at least make good home defense. I always imagined if I had one and someone was trespassing I'd fire a beanbag round at the side of the hive and let the bees run him off for me!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2016
    Houston tx
    Are those white bee clothes bee keepers wear sting proof? One guy told me it wasnt. He said bees didnt like white clothes so they dont try to sting it. Any truth or just slinging the bull At me?

Top Bottom