Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Incredibly shitty timing to open a gun range
    Work is just starting. If it takes 'em a year to build and open, maybe the timing won't be bad, depending on how the Dems manage to move their gun control agenda. If they don't move it at all (which has happened before, when they controlled the Oval and all of Congress) then this new place might come online about the time ammo prices come down and everyone is looking for a new place to shoot.

That's too many "if" conditions for me, though. I wouldn't risk my money on it. I wish 'em the best of luck, though.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Been watching them clear the land for that one. Lots of people on the community FB group are excited about it opening, already planning group range days.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I am all for new ranges opening up as we need to offer the public more options and less BS from companies such as Thunder Gun Range who thinks we need to kiss their ass.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Please expand. I’ve had nothing but positive experiences at Thunder Gun over the years

Glad you had a good experience with them in the past but unfortunately many people I have known that has utilized this place of business stated otherwise. My experience with the owner jessie is that his business ethics sucks big time and fails to recognize the customers is the life line to his success not the other way around. I have no other complaints with the other local ranges and had real positive experiences with them.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Glad you had a good experience with them in the past but unfortunately many people I have known that has utilized this place of business stated otherwise. My experience with the owner jessie is that his business ethics sucks big time and fails to recognize the customers is the life line to his success not the other way around. I have no other complaints with the other local ranges and had real positive experiences with them.
    All cool. I guess I go there, shoot, and leave. Don’t really have much to do with the ownership. I did ask to use them for an FFL transfer once- not a strong suit for Thunder...

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    All cool. I guess I go there, shoot, and leave. Don’t really have much to do with the ownership. I did ask to use them for an FFL transfer once- not a strong suit for Thunder...

If you need an FFL would be happy to point you in the right direction.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Glad you had a good experience with them in the past but unfortunately many people I have known that has utilized this place of business stated otherwise.
    There has been substantial discussion of this topic in the past, here, here, here, here; and for a few posts in a row here and here.

Most of that info is pretty old. It would be nice if someone could post a new review of the range so we can see if anything has changed.

Top Bottom