• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Low_Speed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Austin
    I’m not sure how I feel about this considering I just bought an X-Compact and I love it. After listening to this, would you carry your P320? With COVID it’s going to be more difficult to get these guns fixed this time around.

Guess I shouldn’t be bitching. I only have 2 P320s. The government has got thousands of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I’m not sure how I feel about this considering I just bought an X-Compact and I love it. After listening to this, would you carry your P320? With COVID it’s going to be more difficult to get these guns fixed this time around.

Guess I shouldn’t be bitching. I only have 2 P320s. The government has got thousands of them.

TL;DW version?

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    :facepalm: Looks like the p320 is still acting up. This time its firing randomly without folks pulling the trigger, with and without the upgrade. Looks like there are a number of incidents of it happening according to the video

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    So a bunch of truly accidental discharges with zero operator actions taken?
    Yea thats what the video is saying. Seems like its alot of people taking their holster off with the firearm in it and its going off. They arent touching the trigger or anything

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Yea thats what the video is saying. Seems like its alot of people taking their holster off with the firearm in it and its going off. They arent touching the trigger or anything

I’ll probably skim it tomorrow, but curious...

I’d expect DoD would be having lots of problem with this if there wasn’t another contributing factor. Pretty sure they’re the largest user of the P320 right now.

My son’s BDE has had M17s for about a year now with zero issues and higher target scores across the board from the support troops to the pipe hitters.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I’ll probably skim it tomorrow, but curious...

I’d expect DoD would be having lots of problem with this if there wasn’t another contributing factor. Pretty sure they’re the largest user of the P320 right now.

My son’s BDE has had M17s for about a year now with zero issues and higher target scores across the board from the support troops to the pipe hitters.

I'm curious if the issue is only on guns without the manual safety, or including guns with the safey. All the DoD guns have the safety, which might negate the issue.

GonzoLonzo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Schertz
    ICE has been transitioning over to the P320 from the P229. By the end of this year they should all be carrying one and they all carry with one in the chamber and these don't have the manual safety. My wife should be getting hers next month. She just bought herself a P365 which she might be carrying instead.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    This video is very disturbing. Sig appears to have lots of problems. First was a "voluntary"recall which should have been mandatory. Multiple ads saying gun can't fire unless trigger pulled which were obviously false.
    I believe that Sig will end up loosing a big lawsuit and will make some lawyers very rich and be peanuts to Sig p320 owners.
    I don't hate Sig, my wife's favorite gun is a full size Sig p320 Romeo but it is strictly a range gun, never to be carried, the only time there is a round in the chamber is at the range.
    The old saying that the safety is keeping your hands off the trigger may not be true in this case. From the video it appears that many supposedly well trained people have shot themselves without touching the trigger. The video poster is a big time 2A poster too.
    Very upsetting. Be careful if you carry one, I wouldn't.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Everytime I hear something about sig sauer it makes me second guess my edc which is a p938. Wish someone else would make a 9mm that size. I like to pocket carry most months out of the year

Low_Speed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Austin
    The just bought an X-Compact. I thinks that I’ve heard about more failures from the 320 series than any other striker fired pistol. The PPQ has one of the most sensitive triggers out there for a strike fired pistol but you rarely if ever hear any problems on them. I gave them the benefit of the doubt with my Compact RX in 2017. This time around they need to make these pistols right or refund the cost of everyone’s pistol(s).

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    I have 3 p320s and have not shot one in over a year.
    This might be a good time to sell them.

I know of one 320 that fired after it was holstered during a match, witnessed by two judges that said the competitor had his hands off the gun, there are just too many reports to say it is user error.

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    One of the pistols I had thought about as replacement for the Bersa 380 I have is the Sig P365. Are there any concerns with that pistol? Any problems that I should be aware of?
    No, I have one and it makes for a great edc.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Last I heard, Sig fixed whatever issues they had with the P-365.

Thinkin' it might just be time to try and sell that P-320 I've got.

(Or find out if plastic really does float.)

GonzoLonzo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Schertz
    Everytime I hear something about sig sauer it makes me second guess my edc which is a p938. Wish someone else would make a 9mm that size. I like to pocket carry most months out of the year

The problem is only with the P320 because of a crappy striker fired design. The hammer fired guns are fine.

GonzoLonzo

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Schertz
    One of the pistols I had thought about as replacement for the Bersa 380 I have is the Sig P365. Are there any concerns with that pistol? Any problems that I should be aware of?

I have been trying to find any issues with the P365 but still haven't found any. I found this video. See if it answers some question on the P365.

Top Bottom