• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Bandit. Yep, totally deadly blood-thirsty baby killer.

jY1heJXl.jpg

Attachments

• jY1heJXl.jpg
      jY1heJXl.jpg
      46.5 KB · Views: 416

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Found a couple of articles about pits being "nanny dogs." The two pitties in our family are both very fond of kids, and love to play tug o war with the kids with a rope. Mine goes into hyper mode wagging her tail when the kids show up. He whole body is wiggling. Pretty funny to watch.

I have only had one interaction with a fighting pit bull. He was about 90-100 lbs, and had the typical block head that most of the fighting pits have. He had two tattoos in his ears. In one ear he had "BAD" and in the other "DOG." He had scars all over his body, and sometimes would have fresh stitches in him. The adults and some of the kids who lived close by would tell every one to stay away from him because he was mean.

We went to church in a pretty rough area near the edge of town in a poorer part of a local suburb. The next street over there was a guy who had fighting pits. Most were caged, but the one I noted above was often seen walking around. He regularly wandered over to the church property on Sunday mornings. I always sat out on the steps of the Sunday School building between Sunday school, and church. On a regular basis BAD DOG would wander over and sit next to me. I would scratch his head and rub his ears. After a few minutes of affection he would wander off behind the church, I guess headed home. He never once acted aggressively.

Its hard to know what makes a dog act out. The only incident I have had with mine was her biting a neighbor's pants leg and tugging while she was mowing. She let go and started barking at the mower. Very weird. I wondered if she was trying to protect her from the mower. She has been around the neighbor and never acted aggressively towards her.

https://pethelpful.com/dogs/The-Pit-Bull-Dog-Once-Knows-as-the-Nanny-Dog-What-Happened

https://www.animalwised.com/pit-bull-terriers-as-nanny-dogs-52.html

This article lists Collie as a nanny breed. Which is funny because its one of the three breeds I have been bit by.

https://www.disktrend.com/pets-guide/dogs/nanny-dog-breeds/

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Dogs are in many ways just like people. They have their own individual personalities, just like people. And for anyone to just say because of a dogs breed that they are a bad dog is foolishness.

Fact is, more people are bitten by small to medium sized dogs than large breed dogs. Fact is, a large breed dog is going to do much more damage to a person than a smaller dog.

Most all of my dogs have been and are, very keen judges of people. And if my dogs don't trust you, it's very possible I won't trust you.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yellow labs. I knew a guy with a yellow lab that would attack you when you turned your back.

My experience proves yellow labs are the most dangerous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    A had a buddy whose family had a towing & mechanics garage. They had junk yard dogs, not a single one was a Stafforshire Bull Terrier. Nothing even ressemble a pit bull. The people I knew into fighting dogs would never dare throw there badges of dogs over that fence.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    A soft place to sleep and snuggles too????
    Hell yeah.
    Mine waits until we are both asleep and gets between us on the foot of the bed.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    We have apillow pit at our house.
    Liberty loves our girls.
    I wake up many a mornings & see this.
    View attachment 219074

My SIL took a picture of the girls when they were about 5 and 7, with "Classie" having a tea party. The girls had dressed "Classie" up in a dress and she was sitting at the little table with the girls, having tea!

"Classie" BTW was a Rottweiler that weighed about 110 pounds!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Stop calling them pitbulls. I see what to many dogs being labeled. In my minds eye the American Staffordshire Terrier (which is in itself a fine breed) is the feared pitfall. All these hood rat mixes to try & sell puppies because your a low life is bullshit!

Top Bottom