Venture Surplus ad

Another person who confused their money with expertise - I feel sorry for the dog!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX

I first saw folks like this when I worked at the motorcycle shop. Now, it even seems to happen regularly with other modes of transport.
    Capitol Armory ad

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

I first saw folks like this when I worked at the motorcycle shop. Now, it even seems to happen regularly with other modes of transport.

It amazes me how many of these situations are the result of people trying to turn around on a narrow trail.

It also amazes me that people think the Bronco Sport is an off-road vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas

I've done that pass several times in a 1969 CJ5 and a 2004 Land Rover Disco II as well as multiple times on dirt bikes.

The trail is a little puckery, but not really very technical except for the steps and those look scarier than they really are. The payment for stupidity is high, but its not as technical as even Imogene IMO.

This older video:

Of a green jeep rolling off illustrates what I thing tends to happen. A lack of confidence pushes drivers to hug the uphill side instead of driving a good line and they climb the wall and roll off. I saw that jeep the day after sitting pointing uphill, the back bumper into a huge boulder which kept it from tumbling all the way down. They got really lucky.
    e53a49e4197e211bba24bf1effe259d9.jpg
    8a67920d0f32cc87e3fbbe5e889e2284.jpg

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

.... I feel sorry for the dog!​

Anytime I see a phrase like that in the title, I get real nervous about what I'm going to read.....

....and the Bronco Sport is NOT an off-road vehicle. It's just an Escape with misleading cosmetics. Those things shouldn't be operated in terrain more difficult than a shopping mall or a school drop-off line.....

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Those beginners need to start off in 60's era deuce and half. I swear those things will go anywhere it can get traction. With 10 wheels powered and locking axles that means about anywhere. COULD USE A BETTER ROLL CAGE.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Like most things, I usually don't blame the equipment.

An experienced operator can do great things with lacking equipment.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom