• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Swedonia

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 8, 2023
    Sweetwater, TX
    I've seen several Youtubes on the Aguila and Federal 12-gauge "minishells" and bought a box of No 4/No1 Buck Aguilas from Academy recently. I also bought the Texas-made OPSol insert for the Mossberg pumps that allows the shorties to feed, and tested them in the Maverick 88 yesterday. Not only did they feed like butter, they put some hurt on the steel plate at 25 yards while being easy enough on the shoulder that I am sure my 110-pound sweetie could run a magazine full in comfort. And speaking of a magazine full, my 88 Security holds 12 of these in the mag tube, plus one in the chamber. Add 12 more in the Esstac card and you have 25 rounds in and on your gun. The shorties come in birdshot, small buckshot and slugs. No, they aren't what an LEO would want in his patrol gun, but for "homework," this civilian is pretty sold.

Here's a Youtube by Mixup88 that explains the shorties and the OPSol insert:

Last edited:

Doons

Bye Corn Pop
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    Fort Worth
    My 590s cycles shorties/mini’s without the need for an additional part. I bought a box to try them and it was fun and almost no recoil. I ran them mixed with some 2 3/4” and it worked just dandy but… for home defense, I’ll stick with the OO Buck or 1oz slugs.

Top Bottom