• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Why does my home insurance company charge me a renewal fee every year? In addition to the cost of the insurance, they charge $37.50 renewal fee. A fee for doing business with them? WTF?
    ARJ Defense ad

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Be careful

There is the inquiry fee along with the formulating an answer fee.
    Any further inquiries and answers increase the fees exponentially.
    There is a one-time hang-up fee.
    The cancellation fee is 2x the value of the policy.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Be careful

There is the inquiry fee along with the formulating an answer fee.
    Any further inquiries and answers increase the fees exponentially.
    There is a one-time hang-up fee.
    The cancellation fee is 2x the value of the policy.
    that's pretty good!

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Run...don't walk...to the phone and call your Independent Insurance Agency(We use Watkins) and have them shop insurance premiums and coverages for you. Bundle when you can your home, auto, umbrella. We do this about every two years and saved $1100 on our last renewal...$1100 !!! We now have better coverage, lower deductibles and higher limits for 40% LESS than our former carrier wanted after a couple of years. All three policies for less than the 'old' company wanted just for two automobiles!!! Both carriers were very highly rated and have been around for over 100 years.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I would call them and say you'd rather not pay it and see what they tell you

X2. Except I'd call and tell them if they demand a renewal fee I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

Or if you're not sure you're getting a good rate, go ahead and shop around first. Sounds like you're with a company that you probably shouldn't be with.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    hmm, never heard of such a thing. I checked Watkins and the only quote they came back with was over three times what I currently pay.

Watkins may be the largest indie in the state...meaning they represent a wide variety of carriers. There is little advantage to staying on with one carrier(perhaps a bit different from the old days) and switching doesn't present any hardship at all. Everybody takes payments if you wish...no big hit just because you jump ship.

If one calls Watkins and asks them to shop for coverage, they will usually come back with 2-3 carriers who are good on premiums and coverage. I'm happy to look up the contact info for 'our' agent at Watkins/Austin and PM to those interested.

Top Bottom