• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    I have killed 4 or 5 of these now over the last few years. They were all coyotes with severe mange, most likely sarcoptic mange. However, whenever someone kills one of these and it makes the news, it is identified as a chupacabra.

Unlike the others, this one did not have a lot of open sores or wounds on it, either from damage or from trying to scratch the skin to get relief from the itching of the mites in the skin. The large whitish areas are supposedly from the extensive tunneling of the female mites.

If you get one of these, don't handle it without gloves. The mites can transfer to humans and do so readily. The resultant condition is scabies, which results in a nasty rash until the mites are killed.

Lynx Defense

C_Hallbert

Color Commentator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    McAlester, OK
    I have killed 4 or 5 of these now over the last few years. They were all coyotes with severe mange, most likely sarcoptic mange. However, whenever someone kills one of these and it makes the news, it is identified as a chupacabra.

Unlike the others, this one did not have a lot of open sores or wounds on it, either from damage or from trying to scratch the skin to get relief from the itching of the mites in the skin. The large whitish areas are supposedly from the extensive tunneling of the female mites.

If you get one of these, don't handle it without gloves. The mites can transfer to humans and do so readily. The resultant condition is scabies, which results in a nasty rash until the mites are killed.

Some Coyotes have taken up Brazilian Waxing. It’s the ‘in thing’ among the haute members in their packs.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    I can’t even imagine how miserable that poor creature was in that condition. You did a good thing putting him out of his misery.

Oh, and thanks for the informative post. Good information to store away.

Top Bottom