APOD Firearms

Another Californian that has moved to Texas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    No Texas boots but I did get some new beach sandals on tax free weekend here in Texas! Score!

If you ever get the hankering for a pair of truly heirloom quality boots, come to San Angelo and go to ML Leddy's.

First 5 beers are on me if you ever do make it up here! (and you and the wifey are welcome to use one of our 3 empty-of-the-grown-up-kids bedrooms for the weekend, too)

TexasFire316

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Houston
    And will never be voting Democrat because I was forced to leave my place of birth due to the never ending laws and regulations passed by Liberal idiots.

I am already registered to vote and hereby pledge “Not to California my Texas”.

I was born and raised in San Diego, CA you know why I moved to Texas?

I always dreamed of living in America. :usflag:
    We already know why you moved to Texas. The best state in the union.
    But if you are indeed turning your back on Cali, then...

Welcome to Texas!

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    If you ever get the hankering for a pair of truly heirloom quality boots, come to San Angelo and go to ML Leddy's.

First 5 beers are on me if you ever do make it up here! (and you and the wifey are welcome to use one of our 3 empty-of-the-grown-up-kids bedrooms for the weekend, too)
    Rosa's was so good 30 years ago before they went corporate. That little ex gas station was the best.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    QFT.

Is Bill’s Man Shop still around? I picked up a Resistol straw hat from there 25 or so years ago that’s still in great shape.

The sweatband is engraved with Bill’s Man Shop...seems all there hats used to have that engraving.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    1911 Fan
    Bastrop only has one gun store Crosshairs which is downtown. I have bought a couple guns from them, no bargains. They are in the process of building a range but it has been in the process for two years now so there's that. As far as bars and restaurants nothing special as far as I know but I don't do much socializing. I actually live between Bastrop and Smithville in the used to be piney woods. I say used to be because they burned up in the 2011 fire. They are coming back slowly.

I was told Crosshairs is owned by businessmen who aren't "gun people", so it hasn't been the smoothest sledding. Not bad people, just not gun people. Big plans made perhaps before they had the clearest picture of the industry?

OTOH, Bastrop also has Brothers in Arms. Gun people. Haven't been in for a few weeks, but last time, they were pretty well cleared out of everything except some consignment stuff. I guess that means people are shopping there.

There's another gun shop which is actually in a building on somebody's property. They have a small website, but I've forgotten it. I'll edit this if I remember it..coffee hasn't kicked in yet, and I have to get out to the range for some practice.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Buy any standard capacity magazines yet? I recommend the Magpul D60 and Surefire 60.
    I picked up a pair of surefire 60s when i got here.

OP - Im a refugee from just north of you, born and raised in the Inland Empire.

Been here 3 years now.

Welcome to Texas!

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I have bought non CA compliant guns, standard cap mags and now I am working on my CHL!

No Texas boots but I did get some new beach sandals on tax free weekend here in Texas! Score!

Thank You!

Well Kroger does not seem to like open carry either it seems they banned Open Carry in 2019 do they not enforce this in Texas?
    Not in the ones here in Allen. They have no signs posted and I see open carry once in awhile with no interference.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    Not in the ones here in Allen. They have no signs posted and I see open carry once in awhile with no interference.
    Well here in the big town of Fburg, we have one HEB and one Super Walmart. HEB has the 30.07 sign. And several establishments around town do not want open carry. Mostly cuz of the tourists, some from foreign countries, that get scared. So no open carry to keep customers, and I understand that. To my knowledge no 30.06 signs and my barber has a sign welcoming open and concealed.

Top Bottom