Another attempt on former President Trump’s life...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RankAmateur

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2022
    New Braunfels

Trump Is Safe Following Gunshots in His Vicinity, Says Campaign​

Trump Is Safe Following Gunshots in His Vicinity, Says Campaign

Sunday, 15 September 2024 02:51 PM EDT

U.S. Secret Service agents opened fire after seeing a person with a firearm near Trump’s golf club in West Palm Beach, Florida, while the Republican presidential candidate was golfing Sunday, according to two law enforcement officials. No injuries were reported.

The person fled in an SUV and was later apprehended in a nearby county by local law enforcement, the officials said. The officials were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity about an ongoing investigation.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Sounds like Secret Service fired on an individual who put the muzzle of a rifle through the fence at Trump International while DJT was golfing. I’ve not heard any report of the suspect firing shots.

From the article...

"CNN law enforcement and intelligence expert John Miller told CNN that a Secret Service agent returned fire in the direction of one shooter,"

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    From the article...

"CNN law enforcement and intelligence expert John Miller told CNN that a Secret Service agent returned fire in the direction of one shooter,"
    The difference between "fired on" and "returned fire" is probably too small for most media to recognize...

I wouldn't read too much into it and use the Bongino Rule.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Watching the coverage on Fox now. The live feed on this article has ended, but:

Authorities said the suspect, who had a GoPro camera and two backpacks, shoved the muzzle of his rifle through a chain-link fence and may have been aiming at the president when agents fired at him.

Fox News' Lucas Tomlinson confirmed that the Secret Service opened fire after they saw the suspect raising the weapon. The suspect fled in a black Nissan, but was quickly apprehended, authorities said.

The article states the rifle was an AK-47. Unless the guy was only about 100 yards away, who would try to use an AK for an assassination attempt? No dis on the AK, but it isn't exactly what you'd want for a 1- or sub-MOA shot.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Watching the coverage on Fox now. The live feed on this article has ended, but:

The article states the rifle was an AK-47. Unless the guy was only about 100 yards away, who would try to use an AK for an assassination attempt? No dis on the AK, but it isn't exactly what you'd want for a 1- or sub-MOA shot.

Show me pic of rifle then I will decide what it is.

No way shooter knows what 1 MOA means.

Top Bottom