• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    "A Texas judge has ruled that part of the Federal Firearms Act is unconstitutional in light of the new NYSRPA v. Bruen standard. Armed Attorneys Emily Taylor and Richard Hayes discuss the sound reasoning behind the judge's decision to find this portion of the Federal Firearms Act unconstitutional."

If you just are indicted you don't lose your 2A rights. Indictment is not conviction.

Is it too much to hope that more or better all of the act is repealed or ruled completely unconstitutional.

And here is some Texas prospective on the court ruling from the liberal Dallas Morning News. No surprise as they haven't liked anything pro-2A going back to CHL law passing in 1995. Take a read just so you know what the other side will argue. Makes your argument better for low-info voters.

Last edited:

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    And from the Bearing Arms blog a rebuttal to the DMN editorial in part;

"Yes, I’ll agree that people charged with crimes are often guilty of those crimes. The police tend to do a pretty decent job at determining who is actually responsible for criminal actions. That doesn’t mean jack squat, though, when it comes to the rights of the accused...Due process has to be followed."

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    When they let accused murderers out on 1k$ bail - who possibly CAN purchase or posses a gun - you got a problem! Didn't say the judge was wrong.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    I know this is serious shit but darn it every time I see FFA in the title I think of that fine organization I was in while in school. Future Farmers of America. Every member I know, including the 4H members ended up pretty darn good ( read conservative) people.

I cannot read the Dallas Morning News, rather sit on a sharp stick.

The Bruen standard is a godsent

Top Bottom