• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I just got in the new forum toy ... a Canon HF-S200 HD camcorder. I go to charge it, that goes well, I make some changes, that also goes well, walk around the house, that goes as expected, now ... I can't get the damn video off the camcorder! I need a flash card reader.

I hate buying shit, especially expensive stuff, that doesn't come with all the necessary bits and pieces. I suppose I have only myself to blame, but in the day and age of laziness I would presume that it'd come with all the parts necessary.

High Definition 1080P How-Tos and Videos will have to take a backseat for a day.
    Hurley's Gold

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I hate having to memorize unimportant facts. . . like how Herpes viruses are dsDNA virus (I can look it up if I need it), or about the Mechanisms of drugs that no one ever uses anymore. . . buts its on the test that determines what I can do for the rest of my life.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    saul good now...?

Yeah, I've officially filmed something, and it reminded me I won't be the next Spielberg.

Once I get this thing figured out, we'll be in business! I give it a week or so. I'm going to take it to work and see how the film turns out there. I think I'm going to have to do filming outdoors to get good consistent quality. No biggie, I got a one year membership to Lone Star.

I also need a damn external hard drive now ... my case is full, and I got no space left on this machine. Just the short 30 second movie I made took up 320 Mb on 1080P.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    grab a terabyte HD.

and dump your raw video on that, theny ou can recompress the video down to a reasonable size.
    but yeah, raw video files are heavy!
    congrats ont he new buy.

i expext to see some shooting vids pronto.

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    might wanna be careful if your planning on filming in the indoor range, i would be a little worried the extreme noise from shooting could damage the mic, but I don't know enough about them to know if that is a concern or not....just a thought...

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Script your planned vids and storyboard them as to shots etc. Proper pre-planning prevents pathetically poor preformance. It also makes post production easier too. Use the zoom to frame shots and don't zoom while filming (can make folks see-sick). Good tripod a must. As a still photographer, I have no less than 5, all will hold a heavy camera rock steady. Manfroto makes some good ones. You can also get some very good video tripods used. Some of the old wooden movie tripods are excellent values. If you are looking for lighting, look at Lowell lights.

Don't mount the light on the camera, that is like taking pictures from the viewpoint of the sun. Lightboxes are great but for portability, umbrellas make more sense. White to shoot the light through, and relfective silver for bounce.

I don't know how involved you want to get but there are some Ideas for your consideration.

wrtanker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    Ft. Worth
    Just one more thing to add from a guy who has been there. I made a number of videos (mostly indoor educational/promotional) for a company I was contracted to. Other than all of the things mentioned already my biggest headache was sound. The mic on the camera just wasn't up to the task if I was filming a group of people or if they weren't right next to the camera. I finally got a remote wireless mic that I could clip to the person(s) speaking. Even then it was dicey at times. Good luck with your project!

Top Bottom