• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texagun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    North Texas
    This post is from the SASSNET and was posted today by an Austin resident. Does anyone know anything about this? I can't believe something like this could be legal. People are being "asked to comply" but this can't have any legal force in my opinion. I would like to hear your opinion. I simply can't believe the Austin Police Department could "legislate" such a prohibition. Wouldn't that be in violation of federal laws and regulations?
    ****************************************************************************

I went to the Austin Gun show at the Crockett Center today, and was told about this as soon as I arrived. My scanner is not working, so I will write it out here:

PUBLIC NOTICE
    "Selling of Firearms"

At the direction of the Austin Police Department and The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms anyone selling a firearm at this show location will be asked to comply with the following:

1. Any person selling a personal firearm must go through a licensed FFL Dealer in the show to transfer the firearm to the new owner.

2. Selling of Firearms in the parking lot will not be permitted.

Thank you for your cooperation"

I provide this as a "public service" to any who might be attending the show and may be affected by this.

Regards,
    Jake

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I quit going to the gun show in Austin a long time ago because of foolishness like this and I don't think I'll start going to gun shows again any time soon. I might go to one around tax return time to look for a decent 30-30 if I can't find one at any of the local Pawn shops but generally the one in Austin is all over priced crap.

Top Bottom