• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HawkeyeSATX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    I'm wondering if they think they're going to wear her down eventually.
    You can't outsmart someone when they're smarter than you are!
    She's got a great head on her shoulders.
    Keep making the Demorats look stupid!

Hawk

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I'm wondering if they think they're going to wear her down eventually.
    You can't outsmart someone when they're smarter than you are!
    She's got a great head on her shoulders.
    Keep making the Demorats look stupid!

Hawk

She does strike me as a pretty intelligent lady. I think she would make a fine choice for Supreme Court justice. I like her.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I watched a little bit of it earlier today when I went in for lunch. Watching them all harass the shit out of her and then Ted Cruz's turn around. It was very refreshing how he just talked to her and calmed her down. Almost like he said come on over here and let Uncle Teddy tells you a story.

HawkeyeSATX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    She does strike me as a pretty intelligent lady. I think she would make a fine choice for Supreme Court justice. I like her.
    I do too!
    I have this feeling she won't be grandstanding like the woman she's replacing.
    Most of the time RBG was a disgrace to law and being a Supreme Court Justice. RGB would look at the law, as it's written, and decided to put her own twist on it, instead of what the letter of the law was, or is.
    I don't believe ACB will be doing that.

Hawk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I do too!
    I have this feeling she won't be grandstanding like the woman she's replacing.
    Most of the time RBG was a disgrace to law and being a Supreme Court Justice. RGB would look at the law, as it's written, and decided to put her own twist on it, instead of what the letter of the law was, or is.
    I don't believe ACB will be doing that.

Hawk

I actually have respect for RBG, because she actually believed in her opinions and stood on them, and wasn't easily swayed. Yes, she was a liberal, and I didn't necessarily agree with her decisions, but I still respected her commitment to the causes she believed in.

ACB will be a different justice than RBG for sure, but I think a great replacement in the long run.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The Dems don’t give a shit about this hearing. It’s just an opportunity to get in front of a camera for a couple of sound bites and pander to the far left.

They don’t care if she answers either. It not about the answers or even ACB being in the room. Just the opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    The Dems don’t give a shit about this hearing. It’s just an opportunity to get in front of a camera for a couple of sound bites and pander to the far left.

They don’t care if she answers either. It not about the answers or even ACB being in the room. Just the opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the videos I watched, I was thinking pretty much the same thing.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Must be tiring to have to give the same answer over and over to the same questions.

I'd bet she has been very thoroughly coached on exactly what to expect and exactly how to deal with it. This is just a boring exercise that she must complete before having her career dream come true.

Hopefully she'll be as originalist as she seems. I totally loved her opening remarks:
    "Courts are not designed to solve every problem or right every wrong in our public life. The policy decisions and value judgments of government must be made by the political branches elected by and accountable to the People. The public should not expect courts to do so, and courts should not try"

No wonder the left hates her so much. Imagine, requiring the legislature to do its job, and keeping the branches of government independent! How dare she?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I'd bet she has been very thoroughly coached on exactly what to expect and exactly how to deal with it. This is just a boring exercise that she must complete before having her career dream come true.

Hopefully she'll be as originalist as she seems. I totally loved her opening remarks:
    "Courts are not designed to solve every problem or right every wrong in our public life. The policy decisions and value judgments of government must be made by the political branches elected by and accountable to the People. The public should not expect courts to do so, and courts should not try"

No wonder the left hates her so much. Imagine, requiring the legislature to do its job, and keeping the branches of government independent! How dare she?

I did see her say that too. I was very impressed with that statement.

She touched on that the courts should not be used for political purposes as well.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I actually have respect for RBG, because she actually believed in her opinions and stood on them, and wasn't easily swayed. Yes, she was a liberal, and I didn't necessarily agree with her decisions, but I still respected her commitment to the causes she believed in.

ACB will be a different justice than RBG for sure, but I think a great replacement in the long run.
    I lost all respect for her when she began publicly taking political stands that were inappropriate for a SC justice.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Well....
    she did have the balls to later apologize to Pres. Trump.
    [Too little, too late.... in my judgement!]
    She stayed well past her expiration date.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom