• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    What little ammo I get from distributors has gone up.......it may be starting to get a little better on the supply side, but...............

Prices will never go back down to pre pandemic prices......
    Guns International

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I'm glad to see prices are dropping, instead getting higher.

Last week while at Walmart getting a few things, I noticed they had very little ammo on the shelves and all they had was some 12 gauge in various types. Very few guns in their cabinet as well.

Side note: I read last week that lumber prices have dropped almost 40% in the last month.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The news radio lady was giving that figure in a story the other day. The tone of the story was "the bottom is falling out!". No, ma'am, that's what we call a market correction. It's just going back to pre-stupidity pricing.

Interesting take from a lumber trader:

“Everyone was buying more than they needed,” said Mike Wisnefski, a former lumber trader and chief executive of online marketplace MaterialsXchange. “There was this fear of lack of availability.” Now the market is being flooded by what Mr. Wisnefski calls shadow inventory as businesses that are normally big buyers, such as home builders and companies that prefabricate the trusses that hold up roofs and floors, sell from their own stockpiles.

Source: https://www.wsj.com/articles/lumber...azxsy37puhxl3w2&reflink=article_copyURL_share

Royalecheese

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2017
    Dispense with the negative vibes!!!
    While I can hope he is not correct, negative or not, chances are he is right. I saw a video the other day… yes, I know not to put stock in YouTube videos, but what the guy said made sense. Basically he went back over 30 odd years and tied price increases to shortages. After every shortage that drove prices up, they did come back down, but settled at $1-2 higher than before.

I can live with that, but will continue to kick myself for not buying ammo every time I could, even if it was just a box, whether I needed it or not. No matter what the price of “x” caliber settles at, I think I have finally learned my lesson.

Tactical Panda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    DFW
    Bass Pro in Round Rock had stacks of 5.56 both 55 gr and 62 gr and they look like they had been sitting there. Priced at 65 cpr. I didnt do a firm count but from the herters and remington boxes I could see it was at least 15000 rounds.
    Went to Cabela’s N Ft Worth last Sunday, they had a good amount of 5.56 as well, both 20 and something like 150 (I believe) rnd boxes. I didn’t price it. Also had a good amount of 7.62x51(didn’t price), 9mm @ $23 for 50 rnds, and 500 rnd boxes of .22 for $40+. I walked away empty handed. Prices aren’t there yet, but availability is improving. Now if I could just find some 300 BO that won’t break the bank.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Went to Cabela’s N Ft Worth last Sunday, they had a good amount of 5.56 as well, both 20 and something like 150 (I believe) rnd boxes. I didn’t price it. Also had a good amount of 7.62x51(didn’t price), 9mm @ $23 for 50 rnds, and 500 rnd boxes of .22 for $40+. I walked away empty handed. Prices aren’t there yet, but availability is improving. Now if I could just find some 300 BO that won’t break the bank.

Once inventory starts stacking up prices will fall in line. I think the regular shooters (like us) have educated the newer shooters to hold off on buying and shooting until prices fall in line.

ian

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2018
    Liberty Hill
    Damn people who are prepared are the ones who make me mad during the shortages. They say things like "I have thousands of rounds" and "I'm stocked on reloading components".

Why don't people just leave all the ammo at the store for me to buy at my leisure instead of doing what they want. I have 0 forethought. Cater to my needs!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Damn people who are prepared are the ones who make me mad during the shortages. They say things like "I have thousands of rounds" and "I'm stocked on reloading components".

Why don't people just leave all the ammo at the store for me to buy at my leisure instead of doing what they want. I have 0 forethought. Cater to my needs!
    CA5FD900-2EC3-425A-8AE0-3F850B6956F4.jpeg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Suck it up cupcake. It's brave new world out there!

Top Bottom