• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anglerman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2021
    For years I've toted all of my ammo and gun supplies around in an old plastic suit case. I keep a varied assortment of ammo, cleaning supplies, knives, game calls, etc. in this case and most of the time it is in the back of the pickup so it's exposed to dirt, dust and sometimes some moisture. I've looked at Cabella's and all of their ammo storage containers are all lightweight material. My question is have any of you used any Pelican Cases for this type of application? if so what model? Pros and Cons??? These cases aren't cheap at $400+ with the divider system. This is the one model I was considering. https://www.pelican.com/us/en/product/cases/protector/1650
    Any other ideas or comments would be appreciated.
    Venture Surplus ad

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I bought a Pelican cube to use as my suitcase while hunting in Africa. Had a travel vault for guns for many more years before the cube.

Cons heavy & expensive

Pro
    Made in America

They honor their life time warranty.
    Once sealed non dust & moisture stay out.
    Wheeles & handle work even in dirt & gravel.
    Place fore engraved name plate locked in place.
    Even though Air France broke a hinge it still worked as far as being sealed.
    Don't worry about who or how it's handled.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Looks like its about $300. $300 suitcases are not rare, so it seems like a fair price for the warranty and what you get.

rpwilson

Single Action Army Activist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Richmond
    I have used some Plano cases that are similar to the Pelican cases for transporting both boxed ammo and magazines with good success, since the cases have the pick n pluck foam in them. The locks on the cases are nice to keep the case secure. Wheels make the transportation much easier

I went Plano because they were about half the price of Pelican back when I bought them

Top Bottom