Join TexasGunTalk

American Silencer Association

Discussion in 'Other Firearm Organizations' started by Cozmolyne, Oct 2, 2013.

1. 1slow01Z71

1slow01Z71 Well-Known

Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    If the people running an organization dont have the time to fullfill their duties then it seems counterintuitive to even be running the entity all together. What good are you if youre not able to do anything? People like yourself would be much better faces for the industry.

On the silencerco deal, why start out compromising? Youre already starting out in a losing position with nothing to barter with. Their statement is all over the net, first google search result below
    WaGuns.org - View topic - Silencerco/SWR statement on ATF/obummer proposed 41P

If the companies who are members of the ASA dont trust the ASA to advocate for them then what is the purpose of the ASA? Sponsor shoots in DFW and make cool youtube videos?

2. biglucky

biglucky Well-Known TGT Supporter

Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    So the statement that is made there is "[FONT=Lucida Grande, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Although Silencerco disagrees with 41P in its entirety, we feel it is important to bring most the attention to the CLEO sign off portion of 41P, as it’s the sticking point that will keep customers from buying suppressors. Below is a sample letter that you can use to oppose 41P. Feel free to cut and paste all of it or portions of it, and by all means customize it to your true beliefs. " While I am opposed to the fingerprints and photos, I am in agreement with them that the CLEO signature is the most egregious part of this rule. I find it hard to make an argument other than "you already have 8 million photos of me and at least 40 copies of my fingerprints" as an argument against those where the CLEO signature grants local law enforcement officials the ability to institute a defacto ban on NFA items.
    [/FONT]
    I would love to see them modernize and computerize so that when they get an app in my name they can pull me up in their computer, see the information I have already provided so many times, and move forward. But with the current politics in play that will never happen..

[FONT=Lucida Grande, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]So are you saying the gun companies and gun stores shouldn't have lawyers because they are NRA members? An advocacy organization is one thing, putting all your eggs in that organizations basket something else totally. [/FONT]