Join TexasGunTalk

American Silencer Association

Discussion in 'Other Firearm Organizations' started by Cozmolyne, Oct 2, 2013.

1. hkusp1

hkusp1 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX

They are doing what they are supposed to be doing and coming up with a solid plan. There is plenty of industry outrage they just don't get emotional about it, they have been in council with their attorneys non stop. I am not privy to what goes on plus I'm to busy running the shop thats why I give them money.

2. 1slow01Z71

1slow01Z71 Well-Known

Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Does a "solid plan" include declining to comment on an article being written about this very subject in a large publication?
    Silencers Loophole Targeted for Closure - WSJ.com
    How does the ASA expect to get backing from the industry if theyre not going to be outspoken on an issue that very well could kill the industry? We are 6 weeks away from the deadline and still not a peep from them...

3. breakingcontact

breakingcontact TGT Addict

Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So this is the update? I've been searching for how this thing and the resistance is shaping up. I guess the NRA can't throw down over this matter as it's not mainstream enough and most gun owners don't have NFA items.

4. ScorpionHunter

ScorpionHunter Active Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Driftwood
    The companies behind the ASA should be embarrassed that its president -- a 25 year old -- doesn't have a set of talking points for the media. In a public position like that, they should have Dave Matheny or Josh Waldron or anybody who can give two sentences about why this rule is crap. If they can't do better than "no comment", they don't need my money.

5. 1slow01Z71

1slow01Z71 Well-Known

Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Any update? The deadline is a month away.

6. ShootWhenICan

ShootWhenICan Active Member

Apr 5, 2012
    Houston

I'm going to support them just because....but I think for anything to happen in this law it's going to take the NRA.
    There's just too much money needed to make any changes in this law.
    They're the only ones who might be willing to direct some of their income towards this cause.
    You say "outdated". What do you mean by that?

7. 1slow01Z71

1slow01Z71 Well-Known

Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Little over two weeks til the comment period is over and still crickets from the ASA. They acyually going to do anything or jusy fold? Not even a fancy youtubr video out of em.

8. 1slow01Z71

1slow01Z71 Well-Known

Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Oh hey, a week before the deadline the ASA finally says something.
    HOW TO COMMENT AGAINST ATF 41P
    Im glad we've got good people like Sean Cody and Dave of the Silencer Shop to actually fight for us an not some defunct, useless organization like the ASA to depend on. If I didnt know any better I'd think they were a subsidiary of the NFATCA.

9. breakingcontact

breakingcontact TGT Addict

Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This is a great example of how a minority group gets screwed over. I live in a wildly republican county but the sheriff wont sign so i have my rights restricted. Ill be campaiging for whoever his pro 2A opponent or replacement is so long as they are otherwise acceptable.

Edited for accuracy. Now what? We wait for these rules to just go into effect? Any legal challenges being advanced?

Those of you whove already "got yours" should be concerned as well.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  10. 1slow01Z71

1slow01Z71 Well-Known

Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    The comment period ends on the 9th, then an attorney for the ATF will have to review everything. Lawsuits have already been or will be filed. Itll be a ling an drawn out process. Theres nothing to worry about for those of us that have already "got ours", thats pure fear mongering.