• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Anyone else an AL member that's being hounded by this, we need your info for the member directory? I've been an AL member for a couple of decades and don't recall ever seeing a membership directory.

I've been ignoring the emails and postcards figuring it was some sort of sign me up for more marketing junk scam. I got another postcard today with a "deadline extension," so on a wild hair I googled the guy who signed it and it's supposedly the Texas Department State Commander.

Any other Legion members here who have input on this?
    Capitol Armory ad

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Only time ive ever had anyone request information about me was directly through the local post using their normal methods of contact weve had before.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Yes I have been getting the same post cards and mail. I have not called the number yet. I bet when you do they will verify your information but try to sell you one of those directories. perhaps there is some who has

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I was more thinking it was a third party that was just collecting data to sell to other "membership benefit offer" type groups.

My last post card said over 90% of everyone else has responded already. Guess I finally made that elusive 10% club.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I was more thinking it was a third party that was just collecting data to sell to other "membership benefit offer" type groups.

My last post card said over 90% of everyone else has responded already. Guess I finally made that elusive 10% club.
    Its hard to tell these days between legitimate spam and steal your identity after they buy a house in your name spam.

Im currently looking for a new post but in the meantime ive been checking out LSVA (lone star veterans assocation). Its hard to tell who is just lip service and who actually does anything.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Ok so I bit the bullet and made the call . They are updating your info . They also are giving you a chance to upload pics and stories. THen of course the hard sell came for the Directory packages.
    there is a link on my postcard i got. http://www.txlegion.org/pci-client-faq/

Thanks for the info. The link at least makes it seem like it's not total spam.

I don't think I'm interested in buying a directory or any package that includes other crap they are trying to peddle.

And judging by all their attempts to get me to update my info, I'd say they already have all my info. I think I'm going to keep hitting delete or using file 13 for these notices.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I gave up on the AL when the liberal Aholes that run it embraced obamacare. Liberal Veteran is an oxymoron.

Top Bottom