• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WAA

I ❤️ Texas
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2022
    Slab City
    If I’ve mentioned this stuff before, forgive me.

I bought several boxes of American Gunner 357 Magnum 125gr XTP back during one of the ammo scares. After running some errands I stopped at the local 15 yard indoor. I had my Wiley Clapp GP100, 2 boxes of the American Gunner, 2 boxes of 357 Magnum 125gr Golden Saber, and bought a 50 round box of Rosie’s Low Velocity Tap/Rack/Squib 38 Special from the range to warm up with.

My WC GP is a shooter. It’s gray matte finished, looks parkerized. The smoky range ammo dirtying it up reinforces the fact it’s all business. I love the green fiber optic with the Novak rear. I don’t hunt so all my double action revolver shooting is done, well, double action. The double-action pull on this thing is buttah, and makes getting all of the 38 in the 5 ring at 15 yards easy.

Now for the fun part. Thank goodness for the nice rubber grip on this WC. I brace myself and concentrate a little harder on the bullseye. I’m soon rewarded with the recoil and report of full powah 357 Magnum. Use earplugs and muffs, kids. Why the range masher put the dude shooting a Ruger 22LR pistol right next to me with 8 open lanes…. Not my fault.

Now, I mentioned this WC is a shooter and I don’t mind it getting dirty. But I swear to kang jeebus Hornady makes this shit off-season in a fireworks factory. It is without a doubt the dirtiest factory ammunition I’ve ever fired, and I’ve shot Egyptian made 8mm. And really smoky. And the flash… One round no flash, then the next round fired would be a demonstration of why the SO would’t let us carry 357 Magnum on the street anymore. Impressive flash. Would be a blinding flash at night. Hellfire n Brimstone out of the WC 3” barrel. They certainly aren’t wasting any low flash propellant from the Critical Defense or Critical Duty production line on the American Gunner stuff. If you can get by all that, it’s pretty accurate. Nice group of 50 shots in the center of the silhouette at 15 yards. I remember it being reasonably priced, and it probably still is.

50 rounds of Golden Saber 357 as above, without the smoke and excessive flash.

The XTP is the same bullet used in the Critical line without the rubber doodad in the nose. At 357 velocity with a 125gr bullet, no gel test necessary. It’ll work.

If you want some factory made, full power 357 ammunition and you are shooting outside, this is pretty good stuff. But if you’re carrying a 357 to defend yourself, you’re going to want something made with better propellant.

$.02

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Thanks for the review. Very informative....

Now, I mentioned this WC is a shooter and I don’t mind it getting dirty. But I swear to kang jeebus Hornady makes this shit off-season in a fireworks factory. It is without a doubt the dirtiest factory ammunition I’ve ever fired, and I’ve shot Egyptian made 8mm. And really smoky. And the flash… One round no flash, then the next round fired would be a demonstration of why the SO would’t let us carry 357 Magnum on the street anymore. Impressive flash. Would be a blinding flash at night. Hellfire n Brimstone out of the WC 3” barrel. They certainly aren’t wasting any low flash propellant from the Critical Defense or Critical Duty production line on the American Gunner stuff. If you can get by all that, it’s pretty accurate. Nice group of 50 shots in the center of the silhouette at 15 yards. I remember it being reasonably priced, and it probably still is.

Yeah...but the sturm und drang is the fun part of .357 Magnum.....

Reactions: WAA

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Remember that all that flash and smoke help gives 125gr .357 it's reputation as such a "man stopper". The only 125gr .357's that didn't have lots of flash were drastically underpowered, or were being shot out of longer barrels, 6+"

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom