Target Sports

America was not founded on the Judeo-Christian principals?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    This will open your eyes about the truth of the foundation of the USA.

How can anyone truthfully say that America was not founded on the Judeo-Christian principals?

And one more...

Hurley's Gold

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Can't watch 'em here.

Anyway, I prefer not to discuss religion along with discussing politics.

It's not about RELIGION, it's about faith and moral princepals...Hell, CW, I'm a pastor and I have a problem with most organized religions, I believe that there are a LOT of pastors that will be real surprised to see just how wrong they were...but a FAITH based on Judeo-Christian principals that were shared by our forefathers is an important part of the foundation of this country and of my personal life.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Maybe that's how you vote, but politics isn't about faith or morality or even ethical standards. Politicians are pretty much the lowest form of life.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Maybe that's how you vote, but politics isn't about faith or morality or even ethical standards. Politicians are pretty much the lowest form of life.

Very true...and even more reason to get back to them and the Constitution and the pricipals of it that these men founded this country on...no more politics as usual, no more two party rule, states rights re-established and we the people in charge...

TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    David Barton -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Barton_(author)
    described as a Christian nationalist and "one of the foremost Christian revisionist historians";
    Barton holds no formal credentials in history or law, and critics dispute the accuracy and integrity of his assertions about history, accusing him of practicing misleading historical revisionism and "pseudoscholarship."
    The Nation described the Providence Foundation as "a Christian Reconstructionist group that promotes the idea that biblical law should be instituted in America."
    In Barton’s book The Myth of Separation, the author states his belief that Christians were the ones who were intended to hold public office. Thus, Jews and other sects were not allowed to serve as elected officials.
    "shoddy workmanship" . . . Barton's work "remains rife with distortions of history and court rulings".
    Barton was also criticized for speaking at two functions that were organized by Christian Identity adherent and Holocaust denier Pete Peters' ministry, although he later stated that he "didn't know they (the groups he spoke at) were part of the Nazi movement".

Barton Revises History to Promote the National Council On Bible Curriculum In Public Schools Talk To Action | Barton Revises History to Promote the National Council On Bible Curriculum In Public Schools
    David Barton: Propaganda Masquerading as History David Barton: Propaganda Masquerading as History | People For the American Way
    Liars for Jesus Liars For Jesus - The Religious Right's Alternate Version of American History
    David Barton Falsifies American History Church & State Magazine, July-August, 1996 American History Re-Written by Christians
    Barton’s Contempt for Religious Freedom Barton’s Contempt for Religious Freedom Texas Freedom Network

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas

Clockworks, I dont want you to think im challenging your opinion, because im not. I would like to apply my opinion to yours.
    You are 100% right about your comment. I agree with it too, BUT I also disagree.
    Your comment is actually how Politics are conducted today. As we both know, politics now days is corrupted full of special interest. Politics today doesnt even represent the will of the people. Our government has become the polic of the people.
    This crap aint how it suspose to work!!!!
    Morals and Faith of Christianity have been taken out of Government. Is it so hard to understand why they act the way they do?? This is how I understand the way our politicians became lower forms of life that refer to as animals. As a christian, I understand that if a man has'nt accepted God into his life, that he is nothing more than an animal! Understand that this opinion isnt comming from a bible thumping diehard, it comes from a man with simple a faith.
    The faith and morals that are missing in our country cant do anything but make it better if restored.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    It's not about RELIGION, it's about faith and moral princepals...Hell, CW, I'm a pastor and I have a problem with most organized religions, I believe that there are a LOT of pastors that will be real surprised to see just how wrong they were...but a FAITH based on Judeo-Christian principals that were shared by our forefathers is an important part of the foundation of this country and of my personal life.

I dont know why, but everywhere I go now days I keep running into pastors.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    quote( politics isn't about faith or morality or even ethical standards. Politicians are pretty much the lowest form of life.)quote

Bingo, and that is the problem. greed, corruption, lack of values in our leadership both political and large corporations have moved us to the brink, the question is how to change it.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Morals and Faith of Christianity have been taken out of Government. Is it so hard to understand why they act the way they do?? This is how I understand the way our politicians became lower forms of life that refer to as animals. As a christian, I understand that if a man has'nt accepted God into his life, that he is nothing more than an animal! Understand that this opinion isnt comming from a bible thumping diehard, it comes from a man with simple a faith.

Now, see, many rational human beings take offense to exactly that statement in bold. What is it that makes Christians think that they are somehow better than everybody else? Don't take this question to mean that I'm an Atheist, I'm not. I'm a poly-Atheist because there are MANY Gods that I do not believe in, including your own. You think that if someone doesn't believe in something that cannot be proven and blindly accept it that makes them nothing more than an "animal"? How insulting is that? I'd like to believe that human beings have advanced beyond bronze-age superstitions to answer questions that man couldn't fathom at the time when science, by and large, was outlawed BY the church. Now don't take that to mean that I dislike people that are religious or anything like that -- it neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. That said, at some point you must ask yourself if you are brainwashed if you actually believe that the millions and millions of rational adults in the United States alone who do just fine without God in their lives are no better than animals.

Live and let live but don't think that someone is somehow beneath you because they don't follow your tired code of morality handed down by the same assholes that still stone people to death to this very day.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Now, see, many rational human beings take offense to exactly that statement in bold. What is it that makes Christians think that they are somehow better than everybody else? Don't take this question to mean that I'm an Atheist, I'm not. I'm a poly-Atheist because there are MANY Gods that I do not believe in, including your own. You think that if someone doesn't believe in something that cannot be proven and blindly accept it that makes them nothing more than an "animal"? How insulting is that? I'd like to believe that human beings have advanced beyond bronze-age superstitions to answer questions that man couldn't fathom at the time when science, by and large, was outlawed BY the church. Now don't take that to mean that I dislike people that are religious or anything like that -- it neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. That said, at some point you must ask yourself if you are brainwashed if you actually believe that the millions and millions of rational adults in the United States alone who do just fine without God in their lives are no better than animals.

Live and let live but don't think that someone is somehow beneath you because they don't follow your tired code of morality handed down by the same assholes that still stone people to death to this very day.

Clockworks, I dont think you can understand untill you live the christian faith. I have no issue with the life choices other people make untill they affect me, ie. your live and let live moto.
    To understand the faith, you have to try it and live it first. Then and only then can you understand the meaning.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    That's all fine and well but it still doesn't account for why you consider other people to be no better than animals.

You basically just told me: "You just wouldn't understand being religious unless you were religious to begin with."

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    That's all fine and well but it still doesn't account for why you consider other people to be no better than animals.

You basically just told me: "You just wouldn't understand being religious unless you were religious to begin with."

The animals comment is touchy. This is my thought on the subject.
    As a Christian, a man who accepts jesus as his saviour, I recognize no other religion. There is only one God, no debate.
    As children of god, as we all are, if we dont accept him into our life we are only equal to the animals he created.
    You might not like that, but thats my opinion.
    Even in the place your in right now, im pretty sure you have a pastor there. Take what I wrote and ask him to comment on it.
    My thoughts on this subject lead to a lot of things. War, crime, violence, Tyranny, greed, and corruption are a few reasons I have this opinion. Im also a person who believes war is necessary and violence solves everything. My faith is the only reason I remain civil, and if you ever meet me, you'll understand why. Without that faith I chose, I could be a very bad person.
    After you speek to him please let me know what he says.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I've decided to treat atheism as an evangelistic religion with radical members who want to push their beliefs on me and hide under the umbrella of political correctness and government sponsorship.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I've decided to treat atheism as an evangelistic religion with radical members who want to push their beliefs on me and hide under the umbrella of political correctness and government sponsorship.

Some atheists are very outspoken. Others, like myself, adopt a live and left live philosophy. Many people that are religious can fit the description that you just gave as well, matefrio. :)

@MR Redneck - Actually I hang out with the chaplain on a regular basis though we never discuss religion.

Bassfire

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    mart tx
    Can't remember which movie it was, but the old sheriff in it said the only lower than a politician was a child molester. Was he right? You be the judge.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Sure, the country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles, but at the same time so are many non-Christian societies. Most religions of the world are not that far apart from each other. They all have some mystical superbeing or beings that offer everlasting reward in accordance to being a good human in society. The Hindus are reincarnated into some animal, the Japanese live amongst their ancestors, the Chinese reach enlightenment, the Christians go to heaven, etc. etc. etc. Phallus Maximus in the days of the Roman empire dreamt of the day he would go to cross the river Styx and live amongst the gods.

More people have been killed in the name of some mystical god, than for any other reason. Some track record that religion has served, eh?

As far as the Catholic church and science are concerned ... they actually vastly supported scientific research in Europe. They viewed it as a way of proving God's will and creation. It was society as a whole that projected fear onto scientists for their macabre methodology simply out of misunderstanding.

Top Bottom