• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Guess I’m lost on why you would even buy a 5600X after getting your hands on a 5800X.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Well I guess we see future proof as a different thing then as my current computer is a home built from a decade+ ago. when I spent a fortune building it. Turns out buying the i-7 2600k at release was a good move. As even now it will run modern titles well enough.

I don't see the point in having to build a new computer every 2-3 years because of using old tech. Buy the newest tech and ride that bitch to the ground.

I was speaking in generalities. Not trying to call you out specifically.

In my case I found something I love but is so poorly optimized you have to brute force any kind of performance out of it...so I will be spending money on a machine that can run everything great except for one program. The VR doesn’t help any.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Guess I’m lost on why you would even buy a 5600X after getting your hands on a 5800X.

I am not an AMD guy and after ordering the 5800x my reading lead me to "the 5600x is what is the chip to have for a gamer."

on looking farther into it. Other than saving cash I cant see how the 5600x is better other than running on less W and running cooler.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I have a 5600, AMD athlon 5600 4 gb mem . I run unbuntu 20.04 it suits me for what I do with it.surf the web pay bills . I just noticed my network card is a 10/100 I might have to upgrade for that.

texasnurse

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    I wouldn’t run the stock cooler, I would go Noctua for a fan cooled solution or an MSI Liquid cooled AIO, or custom water loop.

Crucial SSDs are on sale right now.

Top Bottom